Angular News Saturday, December 16
Angular News TLDR / Table of Contents
- A practical step length algorithm using lower limb angular velocities – ScienceDirect
- The use of Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs) for spatial gait analysis has opened the door to unconstrained measurements within the home and community. Bandwidth, cost limitations, and ease of use has historically restricted the number and location of sensors worn on the body. In this paper, we describe a four-sensor…
- spatial gait, spatial gait parameters, spatial gait analysis, step length, temporal gait parameters
- An Alternative to Protractor for Angular Projects
- Learn how to add Cypress end-to-end tests to Angular projects.
- cypress, Cypress NPM module, end-to-end tests, Protractor end-to-end tests, Cypress preprocessor configuration
- 11 Best AngularJS Tools for Web Developers
- Angular JS framework, angular UI grid, Bootstrap CSS styles, AngularJS IDE Plugins/Extensions, Best AngularJS Tools
- Year in review: Angular in 2017 – JAXenter
- We’re reviewing the highs and lows of 2017. Today, we’re looking at Angular: what happened this year and what’s next for our favorite framework.
- Angular, Angular CLI, Angular Material, Angular team, new Angular
- SPFx and Angular — some thoughts on the current state
- Earlier, I had blogged about Angular Elements and it’s applicability to SPFx. The previous approaches of dynamically creating components and modules was a no-go, and I suggested against using it. But…
- Angular, angular elements, SPFx, Angular CLI, Angular CLI project
- The Past, Present, and Future of the Angular CLI – Angular Blog
- The Angular CLI is a command-line interface for building Angular applications, and over the last year it has become one of the most essential tools in an Angular developer’s toolbox. The CLI is…
- CLI, Angular CLI, Angular applications, new Angular releases, Angular makes patch
- Andrew Connell – Angular, React or Vue – Which Web Framework to Focus on for SPFx?
- Many developers picking up the SharePoint Framework are coming from a traditional SharePoint development background. Some of these people server-side developers primarily who may have some client-side development experience while others may have been customizing SharePoint using client-side development techniques for a while.
- SharePoint Framework, React, Office UI Fabric, web framework, Angular
- Working with AngularJS apps in Serenity BDD – John Ferguson Smart
- Leverage the power of Protractor when you test your AngularJS apps with Serenity BDD.
- The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site
- Home of the Microsoft ASP.NET development community. Download Visual Studio, post to the forums, read ASP.NET blogs and learn about ASP.NET.
- ASP.NET Core, asp.net core web, Start learning ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core application, ASP.NET team
- JHipster release 4.13.0
- If you have an existing project, it will still use the JHipster version with which it was generated.To upgrade your project, you must first delete its node_modules folder and then run:
- automatic upgrade, upgrade sub-generator, JHipster upgrade sub-generator, manual upgrade, annoying bug
- Smart Architecture, Contemporary IT Services
- Smart Architecture, Contemporary IT Services – It is our mission to help you improve the availability, security, recoverability, and performance of your IT assets.
- Silicon Valley, favorite quote, venture capitalist David, capitalist David Cowan, Michael Fertik
- So, whatâ€™s the difference?Map ForEachÂ DefinedLetâ€™s first take a look at the definitions on MDN:forEach()â€Šâ€”â€Šexecutes a provided function once for each array element.map()â€Šâ€”â€Šcreates a new array with the results of calling a provided function on every element in the calling array.What exactly does this mean?Well, the forEach() method doesnâ€™t actually…
- Angular News, Map vs, Search PLOW, Map ForEachÂ DefinedLetâ€™s, Popular Anchors
- 16 sessions from @ngbeconf published on Youtube! Enjoy the weekend and happy learning/coding! #Angular
- upload original content, YouTube, videos, music, friends
Tweeted At: Fri Dec 15 12:08:11 +0000 2017
Author: E. Allseits
- The use of Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs) for spatial gait analysis has opened the door to unconstrained measurements within the home and community.
- In this paper, we describe a four-sensor configuration of IMUs placed on the shanks and thighs that is sufficient to provide an accurate measure of temporal gait parameters, spatial gait parameters, and joint angle dynamics during ambulation.
- Estimating spatial gait parameters solely from gyroscope data is preferred because gyroscopes are less susceptible to sensor noise and a system comprised of only gyroscopes uses decreased bandwidth compared to a typical 9 degree-of-freedom IMU.
- An Inverted Pendulum Model algorithm (IPM) was proposed to calculate step length, stride length, and gait speed.
- The IPM produced accurate estimates of step length, stride length, and gait speed with a mean difference of 3 cm and an RMSE of 6.6 cm for step length, thus establishing a new approach for spatial gait parameter calculation.
Tweeted At: Fri Dec 15 22:08:08 +0000 2017
Author: Gleb Bahmutov
- In this blog post I will show how to add Cypress E2E tests instead with minimum effort (and TypeScript support)!
- Recently, our team at Cypress has added TypeScript support to our Test Runner via plugins and preprocessors.
- When running Cypress for the very first time, it scaffolds e2e tests in a folder.
- Open Cypress again, click on in the list of tests and let it watch the tests in the spec file.
- The Protractor tests use a page object to abstract the implementation (like the exact page selectors) from the test.
Tweeted At: Fri Dec 15 23:42:02 +0000 2017
Publish Date: 2017-07-20T08:00:37+00:00
- Videogular is a HTML5 video application framework for desktop and mobile powered by AngularJS – – AngularStrap is a set of native directives that enables seamless integration of Bootstrap 3.0 into AngularJS application.
- Here is an amazing Angular JS framework which includes multiple useful modules.
- Hybrid Mobile App UI Framework for iOS and Material Design with Angular and React Components.
Tweeted At: Fri Dec 15 19:50:02 +0000 2017
Publish Date: 2017-12-13T11:16:57+00:00
Author: Jax Editorial
- Perhaps everyone was still recovering from their New Year’s celebrations and making good on their resolutions, considering how little news came out of Angular this month.
- Big news this month with the long-awaited release of Angular 4.
- This major release contains an abundance of new features and bugfixes; its aim is to continue the Angular team’s focus on making it smaller, faster, and easier to use.
- This was the first release to stick to Angular’s new six month update schedule.
- Angular 5.1 is not the only good news though — Stephen Fluin, developer advocate at Google announced in a blog post that the team also released v1.6 of the Angular CLI, and the first stable release of Angular Material.
Tweeted At: Fri Dec 15 12:14:05 +0000 2017
Publish Date: 2017-12-07T14:29:26.025000+00:00
Author: Sahil Malik
- SPFx and Angular — some thoughts on the current stateEarlier, I had blogged about Angular Elements and it’s applicability to SPFx.
- (I know you can but it’s not common knowledge, or easy to do)b) Can I script src reference the vendor bundle?c) What if I have multiple versions of Angular or dependent node modules on the same page?All of the above and similar are very much within reach, but IMO the…
- i.e. SPFx needs to become way more modular, and npm driven, rather than yeoman driven.Angular CLI (or for that matter react), should use concepts such as Angular Schematics to add “SPFx Support” in an Angular CLI project.
- So, wait and watch.And, eventually use Angular Schematics to “add SPFx support” in an Angular CLI project.Adding “Angular” as a choice in the yeoman template, would be a mistake.
- If you are starting an Angular + SPFx project, feel free to shoot me an email, and I’d be happy to discuss my experiences and thoughts with you.
Tweeted At: Fri Dec 15 22:28:15 +0000 2017
Publish Date: 2017-09-20T23:04:52.686000+00:00
Author: Stephen Fluin
- Assuming you have node and npm installed, you can run these four commands to get up and running with Angular and the CLI quickly.npm install —g @angular/cling new my-angular-projectcd my-angular-projectng serveMoving QuicklyThe Angular CLI has made a lot of progress over the last few months, you can view the comprehensive notes…
- jsonconfig that wraps your main application and gives you the option to generate a server bundle.Learn more about setting up your Angular CLI project to generate server optimzed bundles on the wiki:Initial Support for early betas of v5Angular makes major releases approximately every 6 months.
- The Angular team has been working on tools for Material and for internationalization to help automate the update process, taking care of breaking changes for you, and the CLI would be a great place to surface these tools.Library support — Today the CLI can produce UMDs optimized for the browser, and CommonJS…
- What if the CLI could help you produce a bundle that could be consumed by other Angular applications?Build Optimizer by default — The Build Optimizer is a really promising tool that can help developers ship dramatically smaller bundles to the browser.
- We believe it’s possible to turn these tools on by default without breaking developer expectations around common tasks like uninstall or refresh, and hope to do so in the future.Get StartedAngular developers all over the world choose the CLI as the easiest way to build Angular apps.
Tweeted At: Thu Dec 14 16:56:04 +0000 2017
- This past week at the SPFest Chicago conference I had multiple people come up to me and ask a version of the following question that I recently received from one of the students of my Mastering the SharePoint Framework course: – – – If we are coming at this with…
- Those who’ve created a project using the SharePoint Framework Yeoman generator are aware of two options: Knockout React.
- Microsoft selected React for SharePoint Online and many other Office 365 related properties not so much because they think React is the best of all the frameworks, but because it worked well for their needs.
- First Class Support in Yeoman Generator – – Furthermore, the SharePoint Framework team at Microsoft has included a React project template for creating SPFx client-side web parts and field customizers.
- Not only is Microsoft using these controls, but you can leverage them within your own projects as shown in the SharePoint docs here: Using Office UI Fabric Core and Fabric React in SharePoint Framework.
Tweeted At: Fri Dec 15 16:00:48 +0000 2017
Publish Date: 2017-12-15T15:25:01+00:00
- You must confirm your email address before we can send you.
- Please check your email and follow the instructions.
Tweeted At: Fri Dec 15 17:40:04 +0000 2017
- The product(s) you are about to install leverage the Web Platform Installer (WebPI) for installation.
- By downloading and using the Web Platform Installer (WebPI), you agree to the license terms and privacy statement for WebPI.
- This installer will contact Microsoft over the Internet to retrieve product information.
- WebPI uses the Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP), which is turned on by default, see privacy statement for more information.
- To view which software uses CEIP, see here.
Tweeted At: Fri Dec 15 06:15:00 +0000 2017
- This release was initially supposed to be a patch release, to fix this very annoying bug: – – But as we also merged support for Angular 5.1, it has become a minor release: – – As a result, this is recommended upgrade over JHipster v4.12.0 for everyone.
- For an automatic upgrade, use the JHipster upgrade sub-generator on an existing application: – – And then run the upgrade sub-generator: – – For a manual upgrade, first upgrade your version of JHipster with: – – If you have an existing project, it will still use the JHipster version with…
- To upgrade your project, you must first delete its folder and then run: – – You can also update your project and all its entities by running – – You can also update your entities one-by-one by running again the entity sub-generator, for example if your entity is named Foo…
Tweeted At: Sat Dec 16 07:30:52 +0000 2017
Author: Mlmleads Llc
- A revolutionary approach to business management has disrupted the status quo and taken Silicon Valley by storm.
- Innovator Michael Fertik explains how applying femto-management – his scalable, atomic level alternative to micromanagement – to internal communications can push your team over the top.
- FEMTO management pushes micromanagement to an atomic level of control.
Tweeted At: Sat Dec 16 08:12:35 +0000 2017
Tweeted At: Fri Dec 15 22:42:14 +0000 2017
Angular 5 (formerly Angular 2) - The Complete Guide (139,105 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Develop modern, complex, responsive and scalable web applications with Angular 4
- Fully understand the architecture behind an Angular 4 application and how to use it
- Use their gained, deep understanding of the Angular 4 fundamentals to quickly establish themselves as frontend developers
The Complete Angular Course: Beginner to Advanced (40,747 students enrolled)By Mosh Hamedani
- Establish yourself as a skilled professional developer
- Build real-world Angular applications on your own
- Troubleshoot common Angular errors
- Master the best practices
- Write clean and elegant code like a professional developer
Learn and Understand AngularJS (66,998 students enrolled)By Anthony Alicea
- Write quicker, better AngularJS code by discovering how AngularJS itself is built.
- Become fluent in AngularJS terminology, such as dependency injection, services, directives, transclusion, and more.
- Realize the power of dependency injection, and how AngularJS accomplishes it.
- Design custom directives and save time and energy with easily reusable components.
- Understand what a Single Page Application (SPA) is, and how they work.
- Build a Single Page Application (SPA) in AngularJS.
- Be the coder that explains AngularJS to everyone else, because you understand it better than anyone else.
- Get new free lectures during 2015, keep up with the development of AngularJS 2.0, and get a MASSIVE discount on a future AngularJS 2.0 course in 2016!
Angular 5 NgRx Store Masterclass & FREE E-Book (3,038 students enrolled)By Angular University
- Build a Chat Application From top to bottom!
- Understand the Flux Architecture, its benefits, strong points and most beneficial use cases
- Understand Single Store Architecture solutions like Redux or Ngrx Store
- Know all the usual notions of Store solutions, like Actions and Reducers
- Know how to model the application state of a single store architecture, leveraging Typescript custom types to do so
- Know the difference between a model and a view model and what to put inside the store
- know how to derive a view model from a model and how to do that
- understand the notion of selector in the context of store solutions
- know the difference between smart components and presentation components
- know how to build smart components using the Ngrx Store library
- know how to use the Ngrx Effects library
- know not only the Ngrx libraries but know also how they all fit together and what are the benefits of a store solution
- know how to setup the Ngrx store developers tools
- know how to debug RxJs applications in general
Angular Front To Back (6,984 students enrolled)By Brad Traversy
- Build amazing single page applications using Angular 5+
- Master Angular concepts
- Understand the file and folder structure of an Angular application
- Build a client management application with authentication and Firebase's Firestore
- Integrate Bootstrap 4 into Angular projects
Angular Crash Course for Busy Developers (44,316 students enrolled)By Mosh Hamedani
- Master the essential Angular concepts
- Troubleshoot common runtime errors
- Write cleaner, more maintainable code
Angular (Angular 2+) & NodeJS - The MEAN Stack Guide (26,806 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Build real Angular + NodeJS applications
- Understand how Angular works and how it interacts with Backends
- Connect any Angular Frontend with a NodeJS Backend
- Use MongoDB with Mongoose to interact with Data on the Backend
- Use ExpressJS as a NodeJS Framework
- Provide a great user experience by using Optimistic Updating on the Frontend
- Improve any Angular (+ NodeJS) application by adding Error Handling