Angular News Thursday, February 8
Angular News TLDR / Table of Contents
- The darkest building on Earth: ‘An angular black hole waiting to suck you in’
- Sprayed with Vantablack Vbx2, a pavilion at the Winter Olympics in South Korea absorbs 99% of light. We talk to its British architect Asif Khan, who also invented the ‘selfie building’
- angular black hole, switch, darkest building, ,
- In MEAP, you read a book chapter-by-chapter while it’s being written and get the final book as soon as it’s finished.
- app bundle, app icons, iOS Development, author news, Craig Grummitt
- Create a CD pipeline with Angular, GitLab and Firebase
- Learn to create a continuous deployment pipeline to deploy an Angular app to Firebase using Gitlab’s integrated CI server
- headless Chrome, pipeline configuration, Add Firebase configuration, CI server, GitLab pipeline configuration
- Ivy Demo
- GitHub | Implementation, Ivy Demo, ,
- angular – One framework. Mobile & desktop.
- Google Chrome, latest Safari, old versions, Reload, Firefox
- extreme-promotion.com – domain name listed on Flippa
- Buy & Sell Online Businesses on the Flippa marketplace.
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 08 11:28:46 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-08T11:04:05+00:00
Author: Oliver Wainwright
- We talk to its British architect Asif Khan, who also invented the ‘selfie-building’ – – The pistes of Pyeongchang may be blinding white with snow as the Winter Olympics kicks off in South Korea, but among the ice rinks and bobsleigh tracks stands something completely different: the darkest building on…
- It’s a temporary pavilion for car giant Hyundai, designed by British architect Asif Khan, using a material developed in Surrey.
- Described as the world’s largest continuous “nanostructure”, the building has been sprayed with a coating of Vantablack Vbx2, a super-black material that absorbs 99% of the light that hits its surface, creating the illusion of a void.
- The material was developed for architectural application after the interest stirred up by the launch of the company’s original Vantablack S-VIS in 2014, which it controversially licensed exclusively to the sculptor Anish Kapoor.
- Khan’s Pyeongchang pavilion features thousands of pinpricks of light on the end of rods, modelled on the position of stars as viewed from that point on the earth, set at different depths, creating an illusion of floating in space as you walk around the building.
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 08 11:26:26 +0000 2018
Author: Arnaud Lauret
- MEAP updates, new products, author news, and more.
- Anthony Williams has added a new chapter to the C++ Concurrency in Action, Second Edition MEAP.
- Craig Grummitt has added a new chapter to the iOS Development with Swift MEAP.
- Chapter 13 looks at making our apps more visual!
- Chapter 7 covers configuring relational properties.
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 08 17:52:51 +0000 2018
Author: Juri Strumpflohner
- Alternatively you can also steer which browser is being used via a dedicated script entry in your : – – I won’t go into too much details on how to setup Firebase as they have awesome docs & video tutorials: – – As said, for any of these steps you…
- Alternatively you can check out my Egghead lessons: – – After we’ve configured our project with Firebase, let’s add the necessary npm scripts to deploy to Firebase hosting: – – The needs to be registered on your GitLab repository’s .
- When GitLab builds our project in the pipeline, it injects the name of the environment it is currently building for, via a proper variable: .
- Finally we also need to adjust the to take advantage of the newly configured GitLab environments in our firebase deployment scripts as well: – – Note how the step chooses the corresponding environment that gets passed in via the GitLab parameter.
- So in this article we’ve covered the basic setup of an automated pipeline using Angular, nrwl/nx and Firebase on GitLab.
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 08 03:43:53 +0000 2018
Tweeted At: Wed Feb 07 21:29:00 +0000 2018
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 08 10:15:13 +0000 2018
Angular 5 (formerly Angular 2) - The Complete Guide (139,105 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Develop modern, complex, responsive and scalable web applications with Angular 4
- Fully understand the architecture behind an Angular 4 application and how to use it
- Use their gained, deep understanding of the Angular 4 fundamentals to quickly establish themselves as frontend developers
The Complete Angular Course: Beginner to Advanced (40,747 students enrolled)By Mosh Hamedani
- Establish yourself as a skilled professional developer
- Build real-world Angular applications on your own
- Troubleshoot common Angular errors
- Master the best practices
- Write clean and elegant code like a professional developer
Learn and Understand AngularJS (66,998 students enrolled)By Anthony Alicea
- Write quicker, better AngularJS code by discovering how AngularJS itself is built.
- Become fluent in AngularJS terminology, such as dependency injection, services, directives, transclusion, and more.
- Realize the power of dependency injection, and how AngularJS accomplishes it.
- Design custom directives and save time and energy with easily reusable components.
- Understand what a Single Page Application (SPA) is, and how they work.
- Build a Single Page Application (SPA) in AngularJS.
- Be the coder that explains AngularJS to everyone else, because you understand it better than anyone else.
- Get new free lectures during 2015, keep up with the development of AngularJS 2.0, and get a MASSIVE discount on a future AngularJS 2.0 course in 2016!
Angular 5 NgRx Store Masterclass & FREE E-Book (3,038 students enrolled)By Angular University
- Build a Chat Application From top to bottom!
- Understand the Flux Architecture, its benefits, strong points and most beneficial use cases
- Understand Single Store Architecture solutions like Redux or Ngrx Store
- Know all the usual notions of Store solutions, like Actions and Reducers
- Know how to model the application state of a single store architecture, leveraging Typescript custom types to do so
- Know the difference between a model and a view model and what to put inside the store
- know how to derive a view model from a model and how to do that
- understand the notion of selector in the context of store solutions
- know the difference between smart components and presentation components
- know how to build smart components using the Ngrx Store library
- know how to use the Ngrx Effects library
- know not only the Ngrx libraries but know also how they all fit together and what are the benefits of a store solution
- know how to setup the Ngrx store developers tools
- know how to debug RxJs applications in general
Angular Front To Back (6,984 students enrolled)By Brad Traversy
- Build amazing single page applications using Angular 5+
- Master Angular concepts
- Understand the file and folder structure of an Angular application
- Build a client management application with authentication and Firebase's Firestore
- Integrate Bootstrap 4 into Angular projects
Angular Crash Course for Busy Developers (44,316 students enrolled)By Mosh Hamedani
- Master the essential Angular concepts
- Troubleshoot common runtime errors
- Write cleaner, more maintainable code
Angular (Angular 2+) & NodeJS - The MEAN Stack Guide (26,806 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Build real Angular + NodeJS applications
- Understand how Angular works and how it interacts with Backends
- Connect any Angular Frontend with a NodeJS Backend
- Use MongoDB with Mongoose to interact with Data on the Backend
- Use ExpressJS as a NodeJS Framework
- Provide a great user experience by using Optimistic Updating on the Frontend
- Improve any Angular (+ NodeJS) application by adding Error Handling