Angular News Thursday, January 4
Angular News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Angular 5 Server Side Rendering With Firebase 🔥 — Step-By-Step Guide
- AngularFire Lite is the very first and currently the only library that supports server side rendering out of the box for both Firestore and the Realtime Database plus other features over the…
- angularfire lite, Angular CLI, realtime database, firebase, AngularFire Lite demo
- Tech Junkie Blog: AngularJS SPA Pt 4: Installing MongoDB
- You may need better security or disaster redundancy because your data is sensitive. You may need faster performance. You may need to run on an operating system that is not UNIX or Windows.dashboard software
- welcome screen, md \data\db, Click, MongoDB, Type
- Better Code Organization with Angular DI Multi Option
- In almost every application there is a file where we throw all our application endpoints. If you are working with Angular, it probably looks something like this: At first glance, everything looks…
- endpoints, application endpoints, single responsibility, leverage typescript declaration, entire endpoints
- Production Bundling With Bazel – nrwl
- This particular example uses Rollup, but the techniques discussed in this article apply to other third party bundlers as well. We should point out that this example shows how to implement Rollup…
- bazel, Rollup Bazel rule, simple Bazel rule, Bazel rules, regular Bazel rule
- GitHub – amcdnl/ngrx-actions: Actions and Reducer Utilities for NGRX
- ngrx-actions – Actions and Reducer Utilities for NGRX
- export class, action, export class AppModule, state, Reducer bootstrap function
- Hands-On With AngularJS Using ASP.NET
- brief overview, advanced readers, demo applications, ASP.NET, walk
- nx/CHANGELOG.md at master · nrwl/nx · GitHub
- nx – Nrwl Extensions for Angular
- globally installed npm, Nx, nx workspace, following commands, new workspace
- #ngIndia announced . India Angular Conference
- India Angular Conference , ng-India
- Lead Software Developer, Progressive Web Apps, maintainable web apps, NativeScript slack channel, NativeScript discourse forum
- What makes a great app? – The Startup – Medium
- While there are numerous elements that define a great app — from its UX and UI design, to how addictive or user-friendly it is — we’ve gathered insights from mobile experts, and distilled it down to…
- app, mobile app, app makers, great app, mobile app landscape
- SOA Done Right (with examples in ASP.NET and NServiceBus) – NDC London 2018
- Go beyond the hype and build a solid foundation of theory and practice with this workshop on SOA development.
- SOA development, two-day deep dive, building production-ready systems, service oriented architecture, Jimmy Bogard
- Creating your own & simple Framework in iOS – TechJini
- Creation of framework will benefit a lot in a distribution environment. Frameworks provide you some common set of features that will be
- framework, iOS tab, widely used framework, random rgb, random RGB color
- Smart Architecture, Contemporary IT Services
- Smart Architecture, Contemporary IT Services – It is our mission to help you improve the availability, security, recoverability, and performance of your IT assets.
- Silicon Valley, favorite quote, venture capitalist David, capitalist David Cowan, Michael Fertik
- How To Properly Structure Your React Applications – JetRuby
- The design of every web application should be driven by its navigation and URL structure. The URL map should be strictly defined beforehand and, alongside the sitemap; should: Besides correctly…
- URL structure, following URL structure, routes configuration, Scene component, component level
Tweeted At: Mon Jan 01 22:08:06 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2017-12-31T03:51:51.504000+00:00
Author: Hamed Baatour
- AngularFire Lite is the very first and currently the only library that supports server side rendering out of the box for both Firestore and the Realtime Database plus other features over the Angularfire2 library like StorageÂ , Observable based Transactions Batched Writes and Cloud Messaging.Quick story about the name: it was…
- take a look at the library repo to get started: HereGuideStep 1: Install decencies and generate a new Angular CLIÂ project:reminder: install nodejs from here and the Angular CLI using this command:npm i @angluar/clithen generate a new project:ng new AngularFireLiteSSRfinally install the following decencies which we are going to use for…
- We also point it to the tsconfig we created for the server and the main server file.Step 9: Spinning up an Express Server and UsingÂ WebpackI wonât go here into details but basically here we are creating an express server to serve our server side app locally.So create a server.ts file…
- js”finally using AngularFire Litewe are just going to do something simple in here just print some data from Firestore in header tag but stay tuned as I am going to release new step by step guide to build production ready beautiful apps with AngularFire Lite and if you donât want…
- clone the AngularFire Lite demoÂ repoIf you are feeling a little lazy you can clone the AngularFire Lite demo from Github by visiting the repo: HereWhat about rendering with Firebase Cloud Functions and firebaseÂ hosting?This article is one of a series of articles and I will definitely cover that but I just…
Tweeted At: Wed Jan 03 23:20:01 +0000 2018
Author: Mr Khan
- We are going to use MongoDB as a database.
- msi fileClick “Next” on the welcome screen.Accept the terms and services, then click “Next”Select “Complete”Click “Install”Accept the Windows “User Account Control” prompt and MongoDB will automatically installClick “Finish”Open the command line and navigate to the MongoDB “bin” install path which should beC:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.4\binIn order for MongoDB to run you will…
- Type “md \data\db”Now that the data directory has been created you can run MongoDB with command “mongod”If you get a Windows firewall alert click on the “Allow access” buttonYou now have MonoDB running on port 27017, to stop MongoDB type Ctrl+C .
- Pretty simple right, compared to other databases MongoDB is a lot more simple to setup.
Tweeted At: Wed Jan 03 21:39:40 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-03T21:38:51.619000+00:00
Author: Netanel Basal
- We are exposed to merge conflicts, our endpoints are not portable, and it becomes difficult to find the endpoint location in the file.We need to assign responsibility to the module in charge, so each module is responsible for exposing its endpoints.Then we can aggregate and join the entire endpoints in…
- Now let’s see how we can fill the END_POINTS token.Create the Auth ModuleEach module needs to create two additional files.auth.api.tsAs the name suggests, this file will be responsible for the Auth endpoints.auth.d.tsWe still want to use the power of typescript by leverage typescript declaration merging.At the most basic level, the merge…
- Next, we provide the Auth endpoints to Angular DI in the corresponding module, which in our case is the Auth module.auth.module.tsYou can think of the multi option as an array.
- Each time we add a new provider, Angular pushes the provider into the array.So if we go back to our API service and log the _endpoints property, we will see we have one item in the array — the Auth endpoints.END_POINTS ProviderGreat, now we just need to flat our endpoints to one…
- For brevity, I’ve already added a Todos module with the same process we described.For example:SummaryIn this article we witnessed the power of Angular DI and how we can take advantage of the multi option.
Tweeted At: Wed Jan 03 17:35:54 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-03T00:21:22.262000+00:00
Author: Torgeir Helgevold
- This enables us to reference the executable as a regular Bazel rule from within our custom Rollup rule.The full Rollup rule can be found below:As we mentioned earlier, the production bundling is a three step process (bundling, converting ES6 to ES5 and Uglify).
- Similarly to how we wrapped Rollup itself, we can also wrap other third party binaries like TypeScript and Uglify.In all three cases we have defined Bazel actions to trigger the wrapped executables.The actions are invoked with parameters, similar to how you would do it on the command line.To customise this…
Tweeted At: Tue Jan 02 22:47:08 +0000 2018
- To get started, lets install the package thru npm: – – Next, create an action just like you do with NGRX today: – – then you create a class a decorate it with a decorator that contains the initial state for your reducer.
- Within that class you define methods decorated with the decorator with an argument of the action class you want to match it on.
- Thats because if it doesn’t see a state returned from the action it inspects whether the state was an object or array and automatically creates a new instance for you.
- Thats because the decorator can accept single or multiple actions.
- Next, pass that to your NGRX module just like normal: – – If you want to use NGRX effects, I’ve created a lettable operator that will allow you to pass the action class as the argument like this: – – We didn’t leave out selectors, there is a decorator that…
Tweeted At: Wed Jan 03 15:30:53 +0000 2018
- This book is a hands-on tutorial on AngularJS using ASP.NET.
- It is a walk through to AngularJS with demo applications.
Tweeted At: Wed Jan 03 13:15:56 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2017-12-18T13:22:44+00:00
Author: John Hannah
- The first batch of results will be looking at how long each framework takes to do various operations on a large table – creating rows, removing them, etc.
- First of all, we see that there are fewer frameworks listed because non-keyed results are not available for every framework.
- Of the most popular frameworks, Vue performs the best and Ember is looking a bit flushed at the back of the pack – – Now let’s see the non-keyed results: – – In this group, Svelte looks really fast and really lightweight.
- For example, a framework like React has a huge ecosystem that can accelerate your project by providing many third-party libraries and abundant training resources, among other benefits.
Tweeted At: Wed Jan 03 19:12:44 +0000 2018
- Instead of passing the two SHAs, you can also pass the list of files, like this: – – You can add flag to always run the formatter on apps and libs instead of individual files.
- To be able to do that, Nx analyzes your monorepo to figure out the dependency graph or your libs and apps.
- And it is impossible for Nx to solve this problem because we do not control your globally installed npm modules.
- That is why starting with , ships with a binary that works on all platforms and creates an Nx workspace without relying on globally installed npm modules.
- You can also pass it when generating a library, like this: – – This will set up the router module and will create an array of routes, which can be plugged into the parent module.
Tweeted At: Tue Jan 02 16:10:18 +0000 2018
- It has become very difficult for a new developer or even an existing developer to decide which Framework or Tool to choose for his next project.
- Angular, React, Ember, Vue are few of the myriad of options available, and some time evaluating few of these for the best fit is unending.
- All the browsers have come to a stage where they are almost implementing most of the new Web Standards and now developers do not need to invest much time in Browser Compatibility.
- Web Components with the customElements v1 API released on most popular browsers are the solution to take standardisation of the web to the next level.
- It will enable all developers to build performant, maintainable web apps unlocking the full potential of the browser.
Tweeted At: Thu Jan 04 06:00:42 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-02T13:38:48.618000+00:00
Author: Josiah Humphrey
- Provide a user-friendly experienceThe mobile app landscape is a space that undergoes changes at a rapid paceââânew apps are launched daily, and new technologies are revolutionizing consumer experiences.To stand out and boost customer loyalty, app makers need to focus on getting the basics right.A survey by app market and data…
- Below, Iâll share a few tips for creating a user-friendly experience:Convey value proposition early andÂ quicklyWith countless apps available on the App Store and Google Play, itâs critical that users understand the value of using your mobile app right from the very startâââand within a short span of time.According to a…
- Originally created as a check-in app called Burbn, founders Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger saw that the app wasnât getting much traction and that most users were using the app to snap photos.Noticing the user behavior, Krieger and Systrom decided to focus on a single aspectâââmobile photosâââand worked to pare…
- Provide stellar customerÂ supportA great app doesnât just stop at providing a user-friendly and engaging experience; it also needs to deliver stellar customer supportâââand continue to do so long after the app development is complete.Unfortunately, this is one of the most overlooked aspects of mobile apps.A Gartner report on mobile customer…
- App makers need to be aware of emerging trends and understand how these trends are changing the way individuals utilize mobile apps when conceptualizing their apps.Here are two key trends you need to know:Augmented reality apps are set to be a game changer in the mobileÂ spaceIn a CNBC interview, Bertrand…
Tweeted At: Thu Jan 04 11:30:34 +0000 2018
- Workshop: SOA Done Right (with examples in ASP.NET and NServiceBus) – – Go beyond the hype and build a solid foundation of theory and practice with this workshop on SOA development.
- Join Adam Ralph and Jimmy Bogard for a two-day deep dive covering architectural topics like: – – You’ll also learn the nitty-gritty details of building production-ready systems including: – – Finally, get some hands-on experience in SOA development by building: – – We’ll understand service oriented architecture concepts, and DDD…
- We’ll apply those concepts to build a simple, yet fully functional, order management system sample with a microservices architecture, using patterns such as command processing, pub/sub and long-running sagas.
- Senior developers, tech leads, and architects will benefit most from this workshop.
- Participants are requested to bring a Windows laptop with Visual Studio 2017 and to follow the full set up instructions at least one week before the workshop, available at
Tweeted At: Wed Jan 03 15:24:03 +0000 2018
- Step 1: Let’s first create a Xcode project by selecting a template for our project Cocoa Touch Framework from iOS tab under Framework & Library section.
- Step 3: Now lets change the build configuration to release mode by navigating to Product->Scheme->Edit Scheme.If we want to use this framework in our application we need to switch to Release mode.The framework will be ready for release by running the project.
- Step 4: Run the project and framework will be visible in products folder as shown in above image.Right click on it and select show in finder.Copy .
- framework file and paste it in desktop.Close the project.
- Step 6: Add the framework that is present in desktop to “ ”project by creating folder in it as shown in below.
Tweeted At: Thu Jan 04 01:42:17 +0000 2018
Author: Mlmleads Llc
- A revolutionary approach to business management has disrupted the status quo and taken Silicon Valley by storm.
- Innovator Michael Fertik explains how applying femto-management – his scalable, atomic level alternative to micromanagement – to internal communications can push your team over the top.
- FEMTO management pushes micromanagement to an atomic level of control.
Tweeted At: Wed Jan 03 17:45:10 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2017-12-15T14:30:31.774000+00:00
Author: JetRuby Agency
- The URL map should be strictly defined beforehand and, alongside the sitemap; should:provide clear understanding of the application structure by everyone on the team and not only by developers (as usually happens, because only they have access to the codebase where URLs are defined), i.e. stakeholders, developers, designers and QAs;prevent…
- After we’d completed a dozen or so React applications we came to the Ryan Florence’s approach, but with a few modifications.Categories of URLsLet’s start with terminology defining different categories of URLs:Empty namespace /Namespaced, e.g /adminCollection URL, e.g. /admin/posts, /commentsResource URL, e.g. /admin/post, /profile, /admin/dashboardAction URL, e.g. /admin/posts/new, /users/login, /posts/123/edit, which could…
- js would look:And then in your routes you can write:As you can see, even if you don’t specify a FQN (Fully Qualified Name) it’s possible to still not lose the semantics.If it’s a folder that corresponds to a non-namespaced component export it without an asterisk.Scene component and routingEvery folder that corresponds…
- Here’s how the routes declaration will look using ReactRouter v3:The example of Scene.js for /dashboard/activity URL:The idea of the Scene component lies not only in providing a unified approach to structuring an application, but also in a more granular configuration.For example, a common requirement is that URLs nested under the…
- For RRv4 there is no need to define routes at this stage as routes are simple components reacting to current URL and you can gradually add them as you develop an application.Identify how many layouts and to which URLs should they correspond.Develop layouts using and At this phase, you’re not…
Angular 5 (formerly Angular 2) - The Complete Guide (139,105 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Develop modern, complex, responsive and scalable web applications with Angular 4
- Fully understand the architecture behind an Angular 4 application and how to use it
- Use their gained, deep understanding of the Angular 4 fundamentals to quickly establish themselves as frontend developers
The Complete Angular Course: Beginner to Advanced (40,747 students enrolled)By Mosh Hamedani
- Establish yourself as a skilled professional developer
- Build real-world Angular applications on your own
- Troubleshoot common Angular errors
- Master the best practices
- Write clean and elegant code like a professional developer
Learn and Understand AngularJS (66,998 students enrolled)By Anthony Alicea
- Write quicker, better AngularJS code by discovering how AngularJS itself is built.
- Become fluent in AngularJS terminology, such as dependency injection, services, directives, transclusion, and more.
- Realize the power of dependency injection, and how AngularJS accomplishes it.
- Design custom directives and save time and energy with easily reusable components.
- Understand what a Single Page Application (SPA) is, and how they work.
- Build a Single Page Application (SPA) in AngularJS.
- Be the coder that explains AngularJS to everyone else, because you understand it better than anyone else.
- Get new free lectures during 2015, keep up with the development of AngularJS 2.0, and get a MASSIVE discount on a future AngularJS 2.0 course in 2016!
Angular 5 NgRx Store Masterclass & FREE E-Book (3,038 students enrolled)By Angular University
- Build a Chat Application From top to bottom!
- Understand the Flux Architecture, its benefits, strong points and most beneficial use cases
- Understand Single Store Architecture solutions like Redux or Ngrx Store
- Know all the usual notions of Store solutions, like Actions and Reducers
- Know how to model the application state of a single store architecture, leveraging Typescript custom types to do so
- Know the difference between a model and a view model and what to put inside the store
- know how to derive a view model from a model and how to do that
- understand the notion of selector in the context of store solutions
- know the difference between smart components and presentation components
- know how to build smart components using the Ngrx Store library
- know how to use the Ngrx Effects library
- know not only the Ngrx libraries but know also how they all fit together and what are the benefits of a store solution
- know how to setup the Ngrx store developers tools
- know how to debug RxJs applications in general
Angular Front To Back (6,984 students enrolled)By Brad Traversy
- Build amazing single page applications using Angular 5+
- Master Angular concepts
- Understand the file and folder structure of an Angular application
- Build a client management application with authentication and Firebase's Firestore
- Integrate Bootstrap 4 into Angular projects
Angular Crash Course for Busy Developers (44,316 students enrolled)By Mosh Hamedani
- Master the essential Angular concepts
- Troubleshoot common runtime errors
- Write cleaner, more maintainable code
Angular (Angular 2+) & NodeJS - The MEAN Stack Guide (26,806 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Build real Angular + NodeJS applications
- Understand how Angular works and how it interacts with Backends
- Connect any Angular Frontend with a NodeJS Backend
- Use MongoDB with Mongoose to interact with Data on the Backend
- Use ExpressJS as a NodeJS Framework
- Provide a great user experience by using Optimistic Updating on the Frontend
- Improve any Angular (+ NodeJS) application by adding Error Handling