Angular News Tuesday, January 16
Angular News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Real Time Apps with TypeScript: Integrating Web Sockets, Node & Angular
- Some time ago I implemented a simple chat application using TypeScript language only. The main goal was to write a demo to explain how you can use this programming language on the client side and on…
- client app, latest Angular features, Real Time Apps, simple chat application, Angular CLI version
- Testing an AngularJS app with Jest – Zenika
- I will not try to write the ultimate guide to test an AngularJS app with Jest, this article is only my feedback after trying Jest on my project. First, let me add some context. I was a huge AngularJS…
- Jest, Karma, jest init script, Jest mocking, Jest front page
- Rx.JS replyWhen use-case in iframe-d Angular SPA
- Learn about Rx.JS replyWhen operator detailed use-case in iframe-d Angular SPA.
- method returns Observable, source Observable repeating, source observable sequence, Token refresh procedure, retry logic
- GitHub – mgechev/ngrev: Tool for reverse engineering of Angular applications
- ngrev – Tool for reverse engineering of Angular applications
- separate dir Dec, compile-time errors Dec, static code analysis, screenshot Dec, semicolon Dec
- Angular’s NgIf, Else, Then – Explained
- Using the ngIf directive allows us to simply toggle content based on a conditional. But is it as simple as we think? Not quite, the directive has a heap of h…
- property binding syntax, asterisk syntax, Angular apps, helpful syntaxes, sugar syntax
- How to create Custom Validator for Angular Reactive Forms – Dhananjay Kumar
- Learn full article on the Infragistics blog In this blog post, we will learn to create custom validators in Angular Reactive Forms. If you are new to reactive forms, learn how to create your first Angular reactive form here. Let’s say we have a login form as shown in the…
- reactive form, custom validator, key value pair, Angular reactive form, Angular Reactive Forms
- Going to ng-conf as an Ember.js user – Taras Mankovski – Medium
- I’ve been using and mentoring Ember.js exclusively for 3+ years. I went to EmberConf in 2014, 2015 and 2016. This year I decided to skip EmberConf and go to ng-conf instead. This decision was made…
- Angular, Angular team, Angular platform, Angular community, Angular CLI
- The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site
- Home of the Microsoft ASP.NET development community. Download Visual Studio, post to the forums, read ASP.NET blogs and learn about ASP.NET.
- ASP.NET Core, Start learning ASP.NET, ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET team, ASP.NET MVC
- AngularJS, Angular 4, Angular 2
- Angular, angular material, Angular material component, Angular material controls, Angular Material Design
- Villa K’s angular concrete volumes provide views of a Finnish forest and the Baltic Sea
- 🔥 SweetAlert: Attractive Modal Popup Alerts/Messages – #react…
- beautiful replacement, Tristan Edwards, good idea, success messages, popup messages
Tweeted At: Mon Jan 15 14:58:00 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-09T14:32:12.993000+00:00
Author: Luis Aviles
- đInitializing server applicationCreate a package.json file and then install the following dependencies:npm install –save express socket.io @types/express @types/socket.ioWeâll need to install some devDependencies to allow integrate gulp and typescript so that we can define build tasks easily with these tools later:npm install –save-dev typescript gulp gulp-typescriptTypeScript Compiler ConfigurationCreate a tsconfig.json…
- letâs see further details into our server/src directory:server/|- src/ |- model/ |- message.model.ts |- user.model.ts |- index.ts |- server.ts|- package.json|- tsconfig.json|- gulpfile.jsChat Server ImplementationThe main files in server directory are index.ts and chat-server.
- js command to have the server running.Client CodeLetâs generate our client directory using the latest Angular CLI version:ng new typescript-chat-client –routing –prefix tcc –skip-installThen install your dependencies running npm install(I prefer to use Yarn for this step):cd typescript-chat-clientyarn installAdding AngularÂ MaterialFind and follow the latest guide to install Angular Material inside…
- This time inside chat directory:ng generate service chat/shared/services/socket –module chatng generate class chat/shared/model/userng generate class be ending with a structure similar to:client/|- src/ |- app/ |- chat/ |- shared/ |- model/ |- user.ts |- message.ts |- services/ |- socket.service.ts |- shared/ |-app.module.tsObservables and WebÂ SocketsSince our Angular app comes with RxJS,…
Tweeted At: Mon Jan 15 14:02:02 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2016-10-21T15:16:26.410000+00:00
Author: Matthieu Lux (@Swiip)
- For a reason or another, I was quite sure I would have to refactor, even for a simple thing, every single test.In reality, I only had to point my source folder and write a tiny script which imported my tests common lib and my tests were passing.The biggest part of…
- For the execution of all tests once without coverage, Karma takes 47s in total.
- Jest works very differently, it only runs the modified test and takes approximatively 1s to detect the change and another one to execute it.A final but important point is that with the stack Karma / Webpack / Babel we have never figured out a good solution to have a robust…
- Jest is far more straightforward, The error reports are just perfect with only references to our Babel source code et good line numbers.ConclusionJest popularity is shamefully restricted to the React world and really deserves to cross that frontier since it’s a very good agnostic solution for frontend testing.I didn’t find…
Tweeted At: Tue Jan 16 09:49:32 +0000 2018
Author: Alexander Poshtaruk
- In the simplest case, the HTTP request function without any logic will look like this: – – But this is not what we want, so let the party begin – – As you may know to handle errors in Observable streams, we can use catch operator.
- In two words — it will trigger on error in Observable sequence.
- Each time retry-Observable gets that value — source observable sequence will be repeated.
- In case startRefreshTokensProces or methods (see next) will take some time or don’t return values, we should emit error to subscribers.
- To start retry logic, we emit value with our Subject instance we returned from RetryWhen callback: – – So it is done now.
Tweeted At: Sun Jan 14 10:20:03 +0000 2018
- Graphical tool for reverse engineering of Angular projects.
- It allows you to navigate in the structure of your application and observe the relationship between the different modules, providers, and directives.
- The tool performs static code analysis which means that you don’t have to run your application in order to use it.
- Your application needs to be compatible with the Angular’s AoT compiler (i.e. you should be able to compile it with ).
Tweeted At: Mon Jan 15 22:55:09 +0000 2018
Author: Back To
- Once evaluated, Angular will simply add or remove your DOM nodes, mount or remount your components, from the DOM – as the expression changes (if it ever does, that’s up to you).
- The basic syntax of the directive is simple and effective, all we need to do is prefix the directive name with an asterisk ( ) and add it anywhere inside our .
- In AngularJS we’d have to negate the expression to evaluate to an “else”, and templates became a little messy at times.
- When it’s needed (for example the “else” expression kicks into play), Angular will grab the contents of the tag, and replace the contents with it.
Tweeted At: Tue Jan 16 01:27:01 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-16T01:26:54+00:00
Author: Dhananjay Kumar
- In this blog post, we will learn to create custom validators in Angular Reactive Forms.
- Using property binding, the formGroup property of the HTML form element is set to loginForm and the formControlName value of these controls are set to the individual FormControl property of FormGroup.
- This will give you a reactive form in your application: – – Angular provides us many useful validators, including required, minLength, maxLength, and pattern.
- Angular does not provide us range validation; therefore, we will have to write a custom validator for this.
- The type of the first parameter is AbstractControl because it is a base class of FormControl, FormArray, and FormGroup, and it allows you to read the value of the control passed to the custom validator function.
Tweeted At: Sun Jan 14 17:30:29 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2017-04-26T18:12:43.481000+00:00
Author: Taras Mankovski
- Angular is a new framework that borrows many of the good ideas that made Angular.js popular and updates the toolset to include features that are standard in modern web applications development today.The distinction between Angular and Angular.js in the previous paragraph is intentional.
- If a change breaks something unexpected, it will likely first break inside of Google before it’s released to the public.While at the conference, I was hearing the same conversations about Angular that Ember community was having 2 years ago when EmberCLI was being created.
- The Angular community is just becoming familiar with AoT compilation which is something that Ember users have been taking for granted for a few years.I counted 5 component library vendors at ng-conf, but only a few of them had native Angular components.
- Most developers at ng-conf that I spoke to never looked at Ember before choosing Angular.It seems that for every new feature that Ember community added to Ember.js, we should have gone out and given a round of talks at non-Ember conferences to raise awareness.I enjoyed my time in Angular community….
- Angular will make modern web development accessible to enterprise developers who have a high standard for tooling and enable a new generation of creators with the Angular platform.It’s easy to think that “awesome” is wholy owned by your community when you never visit others.
Tweeted At: Mon Jan 15 19:50:28 +0000 2018
- The product(s) you are about to install leverage the Web Platform Installer (WebPI) for installation.
- By downloading and using the Web Platform Installer (WebPI), you agree to the license terms and privacy statement for WebPI.
- This installer will contact Microsoft over the Internet to retrieve product information.
- WebPI uses the Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP), which is turned on by default, see privacy statement for more information.
- To view which software uses CEIP, see here.
Tweeted At: Mon Jan 15 15:30:02 +0000 2018
Author: Rohit Singh
Tweeted At: Sun Jan 14 18:58:54 +0000 2018
Tweeted At: Tue Jan 16 11:52:22 +0000 2018
Angular 5 (formerly Angular 2) - The Complete Guide (139,105 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Develop modern, complex, responsive and scalable web applications with Angular 4
- Fully understand the architecture behind an Angular 4 application and how to use it
- Use their gained, deep understanding of the Angular 4 fundamentals to quickly establish themselves as frontend developers
The Complete Angular Course: Beginner to Advanced (40,747 students enrolled)By Mosh Hamedani
- Establish yourself as a skilled professional developer
- Build real-world Angular applications on your own
- Troubleshoot common Angular errors
- Master the best practices
- Write clean and elegant code like a professional developer
Learn and Understand AngularJS (66,998 students enrolled)By Anthony Alicea
- Write quicker, better AngularJS code by discovering how AngularJS itself is built.
- Become fluent in AngularJS terminology, such as dependency injection, services, directives, transclusion, and more.
- Realize the power of dependency injection, and how AngularJS accomplishes it.
- Design custom directives and save time and energy with easily reusable components.
- Understand what a Single Page Application (SPA) is, and how they work.
- Build a Single Page Application (SPA) in AngularJS.
- Be the coder that explains AngularJS to everyone else, because you understand it better than anyone else.
- Get new free lectures during 2015, keep up with the development of AngularJS 2.0, and get a MASSIVE discount on a future AngularJS 2.0 course in 2016!
Angular 5 NgRx Store Masterclass & FREE E-Book (3,038 students enrolled)By Angular University
- Build a Chat Application From top to bottom!
- Understand the Flux Architecture, its benefits, strong points and most beneficial use cases
- Understand Single Store Architecture solutions like Redux or Ngrx Store
- Know all the usual notions of Store solutions, like Actions and Reducers
- Know how to model the application state of a single store architecture, leveraging Typescript custom types to do so
- Know the difference between a model and a view model and what to put inside the store
- know how to derive a view model from a model and how to do that
- understand the notion of selector in the context of store solutions
- know the difference between smart components and presentation components
- know how to build smart components using the Ngrx Store library
- know how to use the Ngrx Effects library
- know not only the Ngrx libraries but know also how they all fit together and what are the benefits of a store solution
- know how to setup the Ngrx store developers tools
- know how to debug RxJs applications in general
Angular Front To Back (6,984 students enrolled)By Brad Traversy
- Build amazing single page applications using Angular 5+
- Master Angular concepts
- Understand the file and folder structure of an Angular application
- Build a client management application with authentication and Firebase's Firestore
- Integrate Bootstrap 4 into Angular projects
Angular Crash Course for Busy Developers (44,316 students enrolled)By Mosh Hamedani
- Master the essential Angular concepts
- Troubleshoot common runtime errors
- Write cleaner, more maintainable code
Angular (Angular 2+) & NodeJS - The MEAN Stack Guide (26,806 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Build real Angular + NodeJS applications
- Understand how Angular works and how it interacts with Backends
- Connect any Angular Frontend with a NodeJS Backend
- Use MongoDB with Mongoose to interact with Data on the Backend
- Use ExpressJS as a NodeJS Framework
- Provide a great user experience by using Optimistic Updating on the Frontend
- Improve any Angular (+ NodeJS) application by adding Error Handling