Angular News Tuesday, November 21
Angular News Preview / TLDR
- Comparing Angular 1 & Angular 2 Through Building a Pomodoro Timer
- Modern web development offers an incredible variety of tools, libraries, and frameworks to build web sites/applications. As of 2016, jQuery, React, Angular, and Vue are the most popular front-end libraries/frameworks in use. They can all be used to build and accomplish similar things, but in different ways. What are the…
- pomodoro timer, Angular, pomodoro app, angular team, Pen Pomodoro Timer
- Developing a Google Chrome Extension using Angular 4 – Simple Talk
- It may seem a tricky task to create a Chrome extension with TypeScript and Angular 4 but it turns out to be relatively simple. The advantage is that you gain the modularity of Angular and the object-oriented programming experience with strong typing of Typescript. Jacub explains how it is done….
- content script, Angular CLI, manifest file, chrome extension, chrome extensions
- PrimeNG Advanced Growl ModuleAngularJS
- The AdvGrowlModule is a wrapper around the growl module from PrimeNG. This wrapper was created because PrimeNG is missing some features.
- growl module, jQuery Plugins, Best jQuery Plugins, Free Templates, Bar Range Slider
- GitHub – google/ts-style: ☂️ TypeScript style guide, formatter, and linter.
- ts-style – ☂️ TypeScript style guide, formatter, and linter.
- initial version Aug, lint rules, typescript style, TypeScript style guide, Google TypeScript Style
- Laravel 5 Book: Cookbook
- If you’re looking for a Laravel book that can help you to build amazing web applications, this is the best book for you!
- best Laravel book, popular Learning Laravel, practical Laravel tutorials, Priority Email Support, exclusive bonus content
- How Nx Helps to Encourage Teams to Modularize Code – nrwl
- Justin Schwartzenberger is a Product Manager and Educator on the Nrwl team. He is also the host of AngularAir, a weekly videocast about all things Angular. Nx helps organize domain specific…
- customer portal app, Angular module lib, customer-portal app, new Angular module, mono repo
- In part 2 of the series, we will see how to use angular 1 and angular 2 to build the same pomodoro timer and we will discuss the difference in approaches taken by the two frameworks.
- Here is how the final version of pomodoro timer built using Angular 1 looks like : – – See the Pen Pomodoro Timer : : Angular1.5 by Raj Gupta (@rajdgreat007) on CodePen.
- Here is how the final version of pomodoro timer built using Angular 2 looks like : – – See the Pen Pomodoro Timer : : Angular2 by Raj Gupta (@rajdgreat007) on CodePen.
- Although we are not using two way data binding in Angular 1 pomodoro app, its worth mentioning that it is considered to be one of the bad parts of Angular 1 and thus it is removed from Angular 2.
- The app built using Angular 2 carries the advantages of web components and shadow DOM and is also free from the performance degradation caused due to two-way data binding of Angular 1.
@code__matrix: Comparing Angular 1 & Angular 2 Through Building a Pomodoro Timer☞ https://t.co/lhBiqSlAz4 #Angularjs https://t.co/KVBPTkE5YW
- A Chrome Extension can have three distinct front-end components: – – Extension icon (browser action) – this is an icon that is displayed next to the browser’s Omnibox (Google Chrome’s address bar) – Popup – This is a popup HTML page that is displayed when the extension icon is clicked….
- Once we have our manifest file, we can test how it is working locally by turning the developer-mode on in the Chrome://extensions browser page.
- Firstly, let’s set up some components that will be typical for a Chrome g component homepageng g component event-pageng g component popup – – – – – – – As the result of the component generation command, Angular is automatically creating some files that define a new Component – the…
- gts is Google’s TypeScript style guide, and the configuration for our formatter, linter, and automatic code fixer.
- To borrow from standardjs: – – Under the covers, we use tslint to enforce the style guide and provide automated fixes, and clang-format to re-format code.
- If you’re already using firstname.lastname@example.org+ (bundled with Node 8.3+), run: – – Still on an older version of npm?
- In a directory with your run: – – When you run the command, it’s going to do a few things for you: – – The commands above will all run in the scope of the current folder.
- Some commands can be run on individual files:
- This book features a lot of practical Laravel tutorials.
- Each tutorial includes practical advice, tips and tricks for working with jQuery, AJAX, JSON, API, modular PHP, testing, deployment and more.
- The book now supports the latest version of Laravel!
@LearningLaravel: Laravel 5 Cookbook, 3rd Edition is now released! 😘👏🎓🌸🍀🌟💫https://t.co/UouT9dbb8j#laravel #php #angularjs #jquery… https://t.co/YBI5wE3iIC
Tweeted At: Mon Nov 20 18:37:42 +0000 2017
- New Angular apps can be created by running the ng g app name command and new libs by the ng g lib name command.Say we are ready to start building our first app, what we call the customer portal, and we start by creating a new Angular app in the…
- Ready to build out that backend service code?ng g lib backend-providerTip: the g is an alias for the generate commandSince it’s so easy to create a new Angular module lib in the workspace and there is an organizational pattern for where those libs go, we can remove the decision making…
- And the nice thing about this is the additions to our app are minimal.As we start to build out our workspace code this way we can start to see the advantages of putting our Angular application code within lib modules.
- If our application domain consists of a customer portal app to begin with and we add an admin app later on, our lib code is already organized in a spot outside of the customer portal app.
- But let’s say that the orders feature module is specific to the design of the customer portal app, but the order details component that it will have is something that can be used by both apps.We can create an Angular module lib for that component (no need for routing on…
@nrwl_io: Just Published: “How Nx Helps to Encourage Teams to Modularize Code” by @schwarty on the Nrwl blog #Angularhttps://t.co/5upaYAI5Dd
Top Angular Courses
Angular 5 (formerly Angular 2) - The Complete Guide (139,105 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Develop modern, complex, responsive and scalable web applications with Angular 4
- Fully understand the architecture behind an Angular 4 application and how to use it
- Use their gained, deep understanding of the Angular 4 fundamentals to quickly establish themselves as frontend developers
The Complete Angular Course: Beginner to Advanced (40,747 students enrolled)By Mosh Hamedani
- Establish yourself as a skilled professional developer
- Build real-world Angular applications on your own
- Troubleshoot common Angular errors
- Master the best practices
- Write clean and elegant code like a professional developer
Learn and Understand AngularJS (66,998 students enrolled)By Anthony Alicea
- Write quicker, better AngularJS code by discovering how AngularJS itself is built.
- Become fluent in AngularJS terminology, such as dependency injection, services, directives, transclusion, and more.
- Realize the power of dependency injection, and how AngularJS accomplishes it.
- Design custom directives and save time and energy with easily reusable components.
- Understand what a Single Page Application (SPA) is, and how they work.
- Build a Single Page Application (SPA) in AngularJS.
- Be the coder that explains AngularJS to everyone else, because you understand it better than anyone else.
- Get new free lectures during 2015, keep up with the development of AngularJS 2.0, and get a MASSIVE discount on a future AngularJS 2.0 course in 2016!
Angular 5 NgRx Store Masterclass & FREE E-Book (3,038 students enrolled)By Angular University
- Build a Chat Application From top to bottom!
- Understand the Flux Architecture, its benefits, strong points and most beneficial use cases
- Understand Single Store Architecture solutions like Redux or Ngrx Store
- Know all the usual notions of Store solutions, like Actions and Reducers
- Know how to model the application state of a single store architecture, leveraging Typescript custom types to do so
- Know the difference between a model and a view model and what to put inside the store
- know how to derive a view model from a model and how to do that
- understand the notion of selector in the context of store solutions
- know the difference between smart components and presentation components
- know how to build smart components using the Ngrx Store library
- know how to use the Ngrx Effects library
- know not only the Ngrx libraries but know also how they all fit together and what are the benefits of a store solution
- know how to setup the Ngrx store developers tools
- know how to debug RxJs applications in general
Angular Front To Back (6,984 students enrolled)By Brad Traversy
- Build amazing single page applications using Angular 5+
- Master Angular concepts
- Understand the file and folder structure of an Angular application
- Build a client management application with authentication and Firebase's Firestore
- Integrate Bootstrap 4 into Angular projects
Angular Crash Course for Busy Developers (44,316 students enrolled)By Mosh Hamedani
- Master the essential Angular concepts
- Troubleshoot common runtime errors
- Write cleaner, more maintainable code
Angular (Angular 2+) & NodeJS - The MEAN Stack Guide (26,806 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Build real Angular + NodeJS applications
- Understand how Angular works and how it interacts with Backends
- Connect any Angular Frontend with a NodeJS Backend
- Use MongoDB with Mongoose to interact with Data on the Backend
- Use ExpressJS as a NodeJS Framework
- Provide a great user experience by using Optimistic Updating on the Frontend
- Improve any Angular (+ NodeJS) application by adding Error Handling