Angular News Tuesday, November 21
Angular News Preview / TLDR
- Comparing Angular 1 & Angular 2 Through Building a Pomodoro Timer
- Modern web development offers an incredible variety of tools, libraries, and frameworks to build web sites/applications. As of 2016, jQuery, React, Angular, and Vue are the most popular front-end libraries/frameworks in use. They can all be used to build and accomplish similar things, but in different ways. What are the…
- pomodoro timer, Angular, pomodoro app, angular team, Pen Pomodoro Timer
- Developing a Google Chrome Extension using Angular 4 – Simple Talk
- It may seem a tricky task to create a Chrome extension with TypeScript and Angular 4 but it turns out to be relatively simple. The advantage is that you gain the modularity of Angular and the object-oriented programming experience with strong typing of Typescript. Jacub explains how it is done….
- content script, Angular CLI, manifest file, chrome extension, chrome extensions
- PrimeNG Advanced Growl ModuleAngularJS
- The AdvGrowlModule is a wrapper around the growl module from PrimeNG. This wrapper was created because PrimeNG is missing some features.
- growl module, jQuery Plugins, Best jQuery Plugins, Free Templates, Bar Range Slider
- GitHub – google/ts-style: ☂️ TypeScript style guide, formatter, and linter.
- ts-style – ☂️ TypeScript style guide, formatter, and linter.
- initial version Aug, lint rules, typescript style, TypeScript style guide, Google TypeScript Style
- Laravel 5 Book: Cookbook
- If you’re looking for a Laravel book that can help you to build amazing web applications, this is the best book for you!
- best Laravel book, popular Learning Laravel, practical Laravel tutorials, Priority Email Support, exclusive bonus content
- How Nx Helps to Encourage Teams to Modularize Code – nrwl
- Justin Schwartzenberger is a Product Manager and Educator on the Nrwl team. He is also the host of AngularAir, a weekly videocast about all things Angular. Nx helps organize domain specific…
- customer portal app, Angular module lib, customer-portal app, new Angular module, mono repo
- In part 2 of the series, we will see how to use angular 1 and angular 2 to build the same pomodoro timer and we will discuss the difference in approaches taken by the two frameworks.
- Here is how the final version of pomodoro timer built using Angular 1 looks like : – – See the Pen Pomodoro Timer : : Angular1.5 by Raj Gupta (@rajdgreat007) on CodePen.
- Here is how the final version of pomodoro timer built using Angular 2 looks like : – – See the Pen Pomodoro Timer : : Angular2 by Raj Gupta (@rajdgreat007) on CodePen.
- Although we are not using two way data binding in Angular 1 pomodoro app, its worth mentioning that it is considered to be one of the bad parts of Angular 1 and thus it is removed from Angular 2.
- The app built using Angular 2 carries the advantages of web components and shadow DOM and is also free from the performance degradation caused due to two-way data binding of Angular 1.
@code__matrix: Comparing Angular 1 & Angular 2 Through Building a Pomodoro Timer☞ https://t.co/lhBiqSlAz4 #Angularjs https://t.co/KVBPTkE5YW
- A Chrome Extension can have three distinct front-end components: – – Extension icon (browser action) – this is an icon that is displayed next to the browser’s Omnibox (Google Chrome’s address bar) – Popup – This is a popup HTML page that is displayed when the extension icon is clicked….
- Once we have our manifest file, we can test how it is working locally by turning the developer-mode on in the Chrome://extensions browser page.
- Firstly, let’s set up some components that will be typical for a Chrome g component homepageng g component event-pageng g component popup – – – – – – – As the result of the component generation command, Angular is automatically creating some files that define a new Component – the…
- gts is Google’s TypeScript style guide, and the configuration for our formatter, linter, and automatic code fixer.
- To borrow from standardjs: – – Under the covers, we use tslint to enforce the style guide and provide automated fixes, and clang-format to re-format code.
- If you’re already using firstname.lastname@example.org+ (bundled with Node 8.3+), run: – – Still on an older version of npm?
- In a directory with your run: – – When you run the command, it’s going to do a few things for you: – – The commands above will all run in the scope of the current folder.
- Some commands can be run on individual files:
- This book features a lot of practical Laravel tutorials.
- Each tutorial includes practical advice, tips and tricks for working with jQuery, AJAX, JSON, API, modular PHP, testing, deployment and more.
- The book now supports the latest version of Laravel!
@LearningLaravel: Laravel 5 Cookbook, 3rd Edition is now released! 😘👏🎓🌸🍀🌟💫https://t.co/UouT9dbb8j#laravel #php #angularjs #jquery… https://t.co/YBI5wE3iIC
Tweeted At: Mon Nov 20 18:37:42 +0000 2017
- New Angular apps can be created by running the ng g app name command and new libs by the ng g lib name command.Say we are ready to start building our first app, what we call the customer portal, and we start by creating a new Angular app in the…
- Ready to build out that backend service code?ng g lib backend-providerTip: the g is an alias for the generate commandSince it’s so easy to create a new Angular module lib in the workspace and there is an organizational pattern for where those libs go, we can remove the decision making…
- And the nice thing about this is the additions to our app are minimal.As we start to build out our workspace code this way we can start to see the advantages of putting our Angular application code within lib modules.
- If our application domain consists of a customer portal app to begin with and we add an admin app later on, our lib code is already organized in a spot outside of the customer portal app.
- But let’s say that the orders feature module is specific to the design of the customer portal app, but the order details component that it will have is something that can be used by both apps.We can create an Angular module lib for that component (no need for routing on…
@nrwl_io: Just Published: “How Nx Helps to Encourage Teams to Modularize Code” by @schwarty on the Nrwl blog #Angularhttps://t.co/5upaYAI5Dd