Node News Wednesday, June 6
- Build a Twelve-Factor Node.js App with Docker
- Migrating from Mocha to Jest – Airbnb Engineering & Data Science – Medium
- In this course we will take a simple Node.js app that connects to a MongoDB database and uses an Express web server, and learn how to setup a full software development deployment process as well as how to properly Dockerize the app.
- Well step through setting up proper version control techniques, managing configuring within the environment, setting up proper build/deploy/run processes, and all with abiding by Docker best practices.
- Well also make sure our deployment is setup for scale, and have consistent development practices in place for reliable app deployments.
@eggheadio: Build a Twelve-Factor Node.js App with Docker – #docker course by @markshust https://t.co/GqnOpCO7Rt https://t.co/ONPfrZbunL
- -CJ Silverio, CTO of npmInc.npm, Inc. was an early member of the Node.js Foundation and hosts npm and the npm Registry.
- npm is often defined as a package manager for Node.js.
- npm CTO CJ Silverio explained how npm and Node.js work together in a recent video interview.
- In the video, which is part of our video series How Companies Benefit from Node.js and the Node.js Foundation, she discusses how the growth of Node.js and npm is synergistic as one usually comes with the other.
- We initially rolled out code coverage using Istanbul and Mocha in January 2016, but we discovered that instrumenting our source files was expensive, and added an unreasonable amount of time to our tests.
- For projects with many test files, Jest will get you improved performance out of the box.
- When youve got a test suite as large as ours (several thousand test files), running your tests in a single thread will inevitably lead to flakiness.
- Being run in isolation means that it is impossible for a test to fail due to side effects of other test files in your suite.
- Because each test file is run in a clean virtual machine, Jest reruns the file once for each test file.
@lucasoft_co_uk: RT @pocztarski “Migrating from Mocha to Jest” by @GaryBorton https://t.co/vP3TxNnFhR #mocha #jest #mochajs #jestjs… https://t.co/GYJ7vRlNJy
Top Node Courses
The Complete Node.js Developer Course (2nd Edition) (60,232 students enrolled)By Andrew Mead
- Build, test, and launch Node apps
- Create Express web servers and APIs
- Store data with Mongoose and MongoDB
- Deploy your Node apps to production
- Create real-time web apps with SocketIO
Angular (Angular 2+) & NodeJS - The MEAN Stack Guide (26,806 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Build real Angular + NodeJS applications
- Understand how Angular works and how it interacts with Backends
- Connect any Angular Frontend with a NodeJS Backend
- Use MongoDB with Mongoose to interact with Data on the Backend
- Use ExpressJS as a NodeJS Framework
- Provide a great user experience by using Optimistic Updating on the Frontend
- Improve any Angular (+ NodeJS) application by adding Error Handling