Node News Monday, February 12
Node News TLDR / Table of Contents
- lounge – 💬 The Lounge — Modern self-hosted web IRC client
- Add SECURITY guidelines, security vulnerability disclosures, uncategorized items Jan, Fix incorrect documentation, Fix duplicate chat
- Top Performance Metrics for Java, .NET, PHP, Node.js, and Python
- No application is the same. Some legacy apps were built in a monolithic environment built on a homogeneous language, say Java or .NET. As environments become more distributed, and technology has innovated to a near-breaking speed, application architectures tend to be built using a multitude of languages often leveraging the…
- PHP application, business transaction response, transaction response time, event loop, performance
- Weekly Node.js Update #6–02.09, 2018 – Node.js Collection –
- Below you can find RisingStack’s collection of the most important Node.js news, updates, projects & tutorials from this week: In this article, we’ll learn how to build a polls app. The home page of…
- Weekly Node.js Update, important Node.js news, Developers Love Node.js, Couchbase Server database, previous Weekly Node.js
- CakePHP vs Node.js : Which One & Why to Use for Web App Development?
- cakephp, popular then CakePHP, node.js, open source, Object Relational Mapping
- Stack Overflow – Where Developers Learn, Share, & Build Careers
- Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their programming knowledge, and build their careers.
- Numpy average position, VBA Run-time error, Funtion string variables, module scoped fixture, file open dialog
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 09:00:10 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2017-10-18T17:25:08.708000+00:00
Author: Peter Jang
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 04 09:59:11 +0000 2018
- To learn more about configuration, usage and features of The Lounge, take a look at the website.
- The Lounge is the official and community-managed fork of Shout, by Mattias Erming.
- The Lounge requires Node.js v4 or more recent.
- Run this in a terminal to install (or upgrade) the latest stable release from npm: – – For more information, read the documentation, wiki, or run: – – The following commands install and run the development version of The Lounge: – – When installed like this, npm doesn’t create a…
- Simply follow the instructions to run The Lounge from source above, on your own fork.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 05:00:01 +0000 2018
Author: Kevin Goldberg
- Your PHP application may be utilizing a backend database, a caching layer, or possibly even a queue server as it offloads I/O intensive blocking tasks onto worker servers to process in the background.
- Along with monitoring the internal dependencies, make sure you measure your business transaction response time (as described above), external calls, and have an optimal caching strategy with full visibility into your application topography.
- In addition to event loops, make sure to monitor external dependencies, memory leaks, business transaction response time, and have a full and complete view of your application topography.
- In addition to measure your caching, also, monitor your external calls, application visibility, and internal dependencies.
- In addition to measure your caching, also monitor your external calls, application visibility, and internal dependencies.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 11:56:22 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-09T15:38:33+00:00
- Weekly Node.js Update #602.09, 2018Below you can find RisingStacks collection of the most important Node.js news, updates, projects tutorials from this week:Over the years, web apps have come a long way, incorporating various technologies and techniques to create a more engaging experience for the user.
- The home page of the app will display a list of polls which update in realtime.In this article, you are going to see how to create serverless functions using OpenWhisk to communicate with our Couchbase Server database.A few months ago we surveyed our readers to gain insights on what Node.js…
- Read this post to avoid your Node.js apps from crashing.this is the second part of the Creating a Google app series (see the first one here.
- Read the article, (or listen to it here for some interesting insights on how they benefited from using microservices.Would you like to know more about the Node.js Fundamentals, Microservices, Kubernetes, Angular, or React?
- We have good news for you!Previously Node.jsUpdates:In the previous Weekly Node.js Update, we collected great articles, likeNode v9.5.0 (Current) was released;Learn Node.js by building real-world applications;Building Real-Time Web Applications using wolkenkit;Text Emoji Maker; more.
Tweeted At: Fri Feb 09 02:45:07 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2017-05-30T09:38:13+00:00
The Complete Node.js Developer Course (2nd Edition) (60,232 students enrolled)By Andrew Mead
- Build, test, and launch Node apps
- Create Express web servers and APIs
- Store data with Mongoose and MongoDB
- Deploy your Node apps to production
- Create real-time web apps with SocketIO
Angular (Angular 2+) & NodeJS - The MEAN Stack Guide (26,806 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Build real Angular + NodeJS applications
- Understand how Angular works and how it interacts with Backends
- Connect any Angular Frontend with a NodeJS Backend
- Use MongoDB with Mongoose to interact with Data on the Backend
- Use ExpressJS as a NodeJS Framework
- Provide a great user experience by using Optimistic Updating on the Frontend
- Improve any Angular (+ NodeJS) application by adding Error Handling