Node News Tuesday, March 6 Cypress_io, Cypress, Graphql api & more…
Node News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Fast, easy and reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Install Cypress in seconds and take the pain out of front-end testing.
- cypress_io, Cypress, tests, amazing open source, CI test data
- Using GraphQL & Node.js Express to Build a Neat E-Commerce App
- Chances are we’re still stuck with them for a little while, and then we’ll never hear from them again. Nowhere is the “trend” phenomenon more obvious than in our developer universe, where…
- GraphQL API, new query language, consumable GraphQL API, product details, API endpoint URL
- Episode 7: Five Things About TypeScript
- Learn more at https://aka.ms/5things-azureTo watch more episodes go to https://aka.ms/FiveThingsPlaylist Learn five of the coolest features of TypeScript from Technical Fellow, Anders Hejlsberg. How c
- asynchronous callback hell, editors better check, Control Flow Analysis, Anders Hejlsberg, coolest features
- Cypress is the new standard in front-end testing that every developer and QA engineer needs.
- Cypress has been made specifically for developers and QA engineers, to help them get more done.
- Cypress benefits from our amazing open source community – and our tools are evolving better and faster than if we worked on them alone.
- Built from the ground up Cypress is based on a completely new architecture.
- Well integrate GraphQL with Node.js Express to create a small e-commerce app.
- Still, more and more developers will turn towards GraphQL for their new APIs, because it solves a lot of the problems that pushed them to scratch their heads with RESTs multiple endpoints.
- So, what should youdo?Its entirely up to you, but there are situations where GraphQL starts to look like the best option: – If you have multiple clients, because they simply write their own queries, in the language of their choice, GraphQL supports them all;If you work on different platforms: web,…
- Building an e-commerce app: Node.js Express GraphQLdemoIn this demo, well craft a small shop web application from scratch.
- Well also create a configuration file in our project root containing things such as an API endpoint URL and Snipcart API key.
- Learn more at watch more episodes go to five of the coolest features of TypeScript from Technical Fellow, Anders Hejlsberg.
- How does TypeScript use Control Flow Analysis?
- Learn these and why Anders is having so much fun creating compilers in this episode of Five Things!
Top Node Courses
The Complete Node.js Developer Course (2nd Edition) (60,232 students enrolled)By Andrew Mead
- Build, test, and launch Node apps
- Create Express web servers and APIs
- Store data with Mongoose and MongoDB
- Deploy your Node apps to production
- Create real-time web apps with SocketIO
Angular (Angular 2+) & NodeJS - The MEAN Stack Guide (26,806 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Build real Angular + NodeJS applications
- Understand how Angular works and how it interacts with Backends
- Connect any Angular Frontend with a NodeJS Backend
- Use MongoDB with Mongoose to interact with Data on the Backend
- Use ExpressJS as a NodeJS Framework
- Provide a great user experience by using Optimistic Updating on the Frontend
- Improve any Angular (+ NodeJS) application by adding Error Handling