React News Monday, February 12
React News TLDR / Table of Contents
- rfcs – RFCs for changes to React
- string refs, callback refs, , ,
- MSRCTSurfaceDisplayNode – An ASDisplayNode subclass that supports rendering React Native content as well as plays nicely within Texture’s layout system.
- React Native content, ASDisplayNode subclass, , ,
- A Quick Competitive Analysis of ReactJS and AngularJS | FBWH Blog
- ReactJS and AngularJS are two big front-end technologies of the app development environment. Here is a Quick Competitive Analysis of ReactJS and AngularJS.
- Calling for volunteers. · Issue #604 · reactjs/react-modal
- react-modal – Accessible modal dialog component for React
- latest Safari, Google Chrome, diasbruno thanks, real challenge, excellent work
- Finding memory leaks react-native app (iOS) –
- Problem:Our react-native app was working well on all devices and except iPhone 6 it was resulting in a crash. After high level profiling we found out that its a memory issue. While using some heavy…
- app total memory, react-native app, app memory, n’t store image, carousel operations
- Bucks UI
- Bucks UI – A react-native theme for your fintech startup. (Android, iPhone, and Design Tools) Read the opinion of 18 influencers. Discover 8 alternatives like React Native and React Native for Android
- Ciocanel Razvan Maker, chocksy · Co-Founder, , ,
- Currently there are two ref APIs in React: string refs and callback refs.
- Callback refs are, strictly saying, more powerful than either string refs or the proposed object refs.
- Initially, we will release the object refs alongside the existing string and callback refs as a minor update.
- This lets people catch string refs usage in their components and replace with the new API (or callback refs, if they prefer) incrementally.
- Callback and object refs solve different problems and crossing over in what they offer too – much like how components in React do currently.
- An ASDisplayNode subclass that supports rendering React Native content as well as plays nicely within Texture’s layout system.
- It uses a new set of APIs of React Native that is called Surface.
- Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the License); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
- You may obtain a copy of the License at required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an AS IS BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
- See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
- On the other side, Angular is bounded to the DOM and for any data change, a process is triggered to render an entire page.
- Angular uses scopes to inject the data into directives, which is only an object that contains data for several controls, such as directives and controllers.
- MVC (MODEL VIEW CONTROLLER): AngularJS incorporates the basic principles behind the original MVC software design pattern into how it builds client-side web applications where – – View It shows the visualization of the data that model includes.
- Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.
- Already on GitHub?
- Sign in to your account
- Finding memory leaks react-native app(iOS)Problem:Our react-native app was working well on all devices and except iPhone 6 it was resulting in a crash.
- While using some heavy features in the app memory was shooting up to 600+ MB.
- And since iPhone 6 has 1GB of ram, iPhone automatically kills the app.Solution:This is what I did to reduce app total memory usage from 600MB to 60MB.
- While profiling for memory leaks we need to make sure app is built with the release Scheme.
- I realised when I jump into the carousel screen and select an image from carousel of 12 images, memory shoots up for every single image.
- Bucks UI a react-native theme is a financial mobile app theme made from one of our designs.
- You can use the theme to build your next cryptocurrency wallet app or any other financial inspired app you might need.
Modern React with Redux (86,762 students enrolled)By Stephen Grider
- Build amazing single page applications with React JS and Redux
- Master fundamental concepts behind structuring Redux applications
- Realize the power of building composable components
- Be the engineer who explains how Redux works to everyone else, because you know the fundamentals so well
The Complete React Native and Redux Course (53,888 students enrolled)By Stephen Grider
- Create real-world native apps using React Native
- Make truly reusable components that look great
- Understand the terminology and concepts of Redux
- Prototype and deploy your own applications to the Apple and Google Play Stores
- Get up to speed with React design principles and methodologies
- Discover mobile design patterns used by experienced engineers
Advanced React and Redux (35,016 students enrolled)By Stephen Grider
- Build a scaleable API with authentication using Express, Mongo, and Passport
- Learn the differences between cookie-based and token-based authentication
- Figure out what a Higher Order Component and how to use it to write dramatically less code
- Write Redux middleware from scratch to uncover what is happening behind the scenes with Redux
- Set up your own testing environment with Mocha and Chai
- Realize the power of building composable components
React Redux React-Router: From Beginner to Paid Professional (11,715 students enrolled)By Leonardo Daniel
- Building your amazing web applications with React JS and Redux
- Getting a high-paying job as a front-end developer
- Becoming familiar with the technologies supporting React, including NPM, Webpack, Babel, and ES6/ES2015.
React Native: Advanced Concepts (16,058 students enrolled)By Stephen Grider
- Make compelling applications using expert-level features of React Native
- Create amazingly smooth and performant animations
- Build new React Native apps with Expo
- Understand the latest Navigation options for new React Native apps
- Add logic to your Firebase backend with Google Cloud Functions
- Update your users with cross platform Push Notifications
- Handle your users going offline with Redux Persist
React JS and Redux - Mastering Web Apps (54,299 students enrolled)By David Katz
- Develop entire React JS and Redux applications from scratch.
- Build applications that deal with APIs and web requests.
- Create web apps with full authentication, and real-time database.
React basic in just 1 hour (22,331 students enrolled)By Leo Trieu
- Taste of how to build your very first React component.
- How to handle event in components.
- Understand two key concepts of React: State and Props.
- How to reuse and nest components.
- How to transfer data between Parent, Child components.
- How to work with Array, Form
Meteor and React for Realtime Apps (7,889 students enrolled)By Stephen Grider
- Create interactive web apps amazingly fast
- Build amazing single page applications with Meteor and React JS
- Master fundamental concepts behind structuring Meteor applications
- Learn the true purpose of Meteor in a modern application
- Be the engineer who explains how Meteor works to everyone else, because you know the fundamentals so well
- Build and prototype interesting personal projects in a weekend
GraphQL with React: The Complete Developers Guide (14,683 students enrolled)By Stephen Grider
- Build amazing single page applications with React JS and GraphQL
- Master fundamental concepts behind structuring GraphQL servers
- Realize the power of building flexible data schemas
- Be the engineer who explains how GraphQL works to everyone else, because you know the fundamentals so well
- Become fluent in the ecosystem supporting GraphQL, including the differences between Apollo and Relay
- Create ES6 applications from the ground up.
- Use the terminal/command-line application and a code editor to code.
- Look at ES6 code and understand keyword and concepts.
- Create live development servers with Webpack.
- Code in es6 comfortably, using all the new features.
- Build es6 projects from the ground up using tools like webpack and babel.
- Create a basic ReactJS application from scratch.