Vue, Angular, Machine learning & more… React News Thursday, February 22
React News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Moving From Angular to Vue : A vuetiful journey – Hemant Rai –
- I work on a SaaS product which has several front-end portals and all of them were build on Angular 1. After more than 2 years in production, Angular is now showing its age and the ever growing data…
- vue, Angular, Vue Gitter channel, Syntactically Vue, Vue project
- Deep Learning With React Native – GeekyAnts –
- There has always been a huge amount of excitement around topics like Artificial Intelligence(AI). When someone mentions AI, you either think about AIs like Siri and how our lives have changed over…
- machine learning, deep learning, neural network, AI,
- react-webpack-typescript-boilerplate – A starter kit for using React, Webpack, TypeScript, etc.
- lock file specific, TypeScript website, starter kit, ,
- object, length, string object, length property, properties
- state, React, Redux, toggle button, component
- open source frameworks, Core team members, , ,
- React Native Sketch Elements
- Native Sketch Elements,
- Working with Vue for the first time after years of Angular was honestly a breath of fresh air.
- Syntactically Vue may seem a lot similar to Angular(mostly because of its use of v-for, v-repeat, v-if, v-show, v-hide etc.) and that is because of an intentional choice of not reinventing the wheel but under the hood, things just get better with Vue (for more check this out) – Once…
- Since we were eager to work more on Vue, a long pending decision was taken to replace Angular with Vue for the front-end services and the one of the portals was picked to be the rewritten in Vue.
- The performance leaves everyone wanting more from the still Angular powered front-ends and plans are already in motion to replace all of them with Vue.
- For data binding, where Angular uses dirty checking to keep track of changes, which has a significant performance penalty and is the biggest contributor to its performance issues, Vue uses a dependency-tracking observation system to track the changes and is aware of the affected components.
- This is when the media started to mention AI, machine learning, and deep learning to describe how AlphaGo won.
- Imagine AI, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning as three concentric circles.
- The reason for it being called Machine Learning is that it deals with – Construction and study of a system that can learn from thedata.In short, Machine Learning is a system that learns from examples and experiences.
- Now, you might come across a few questions in your mind like: – How can a computer learn better than I can?Well, the answer to this can be broken down into the following points – A computer has access to unlimited data through the internet.Though the human brain may be…
- Your system needs to be hardcoded with data that will tell it what kind of patterns it can expect.
- I built this so that I could have a reference and a starter kit for projects that use React, webpack, and TypeScript.
- Hopefully this is useful to others, too.
- I started building this by following this guide on the TypeScript website.
- I recommend using yarn, but you could also use npm.
- I have setup a starter version of it that works with TypeScript.
- The Object.keys() method returns an array of object properties.
- In your script you can add the length property to the Object.keys() method to get the length of the defined object.
- Like the array object above, I am using the length property of Object.keys() method to get the length of the string object.
- In the code above Ive used the class, but we could just as easily write something like this: – – So, weve stored the state of our button in two places.
- For a larger project, we want to separate our components state from the DOM.
- Why would we want to do that our components state from its DOM representation?
- In the example above, our toggle button state happens to control two things in the DOM.
- Still, this code doesnt store our state in the DOM.
Top React Courses
Modern React with Redux (86,762 students enrolled)By Stephen Grider
- Build amazing single page applications with React JS and Redux
- Master fundamental concepts behind structuring Redux applications
- Realize the power of building composable components
- Be the engineer who explains how Redux works to everyone else, because you know the fundamentals so well
The Complete React Native and Redux Course (53,888 students enrolled)By Stephen Grider
- Create real-world native apps using React Native
- Make truly reusable components that look great
- Understand the terminology and concepts of Redux
- Prototype and deploy your own applications to the Apple and Google Play Stores
- Get up to speed with React design principles and methodologies
- Discover mobile design patterns used by experienced engineers
Advanced React and Redux (35,016 students enrolled)By Stephen Grider
- Build a scaleable API with authentication using Express, Mongo, and Passport
- Learn the differences between cookie-based and token-based authentication
- Figure out what a Higher Order Component and how to use it to write dramatically less code
- Write Redux middleware from scratch to uncover what is happening behind the scenes with Redux
- Set up your own testing environment with Mocha and Chai
- Realize the power of building composable components
React Redux React-Router: From Beginner to Paid Professional (11,715 students enrolled)By Leonardo Daniel
- Building your amazing web applications with React JS and Redux
- Getting a high-paying job as a front-end developer
- Becoming familiar with the technologies supporting React, including NPM, Webpack, Babel, and ES6/ES2015.
React Native: Advanced Concepts (16,058 students enrolled)By Stephen Grider
- Make compelling applications using expert-level features of React Native
- Create amazingly smooth and performant animations
- Build new React Native apps with Expo
- Understand the latest Navigation options for new React Native apps
- Add logic to your Firebase backend with Google Cloud Functions
- Update your users with cross platform Push Notifications
- Handle your users going offline with Redux Persist
React JS and Redux - Mastering Web Apps (54,299 students enrolled)By David Katz
- Develop entire React JS and Redux applications from scratch.
- Build applications that deal with APIs and web requests.
- Create web apps with full authentication, and real-time database.
React basic in just 1 hour (22,331 students enrolled)By Leo Trieu
- Taste of how to build your very first React component.
- How to handle event in components.
- Understand two key concepts of React: State and Props.
- How to reuse and nest components.
- How to transfer data between Parent, Child components.
- How to work with Array, Form
Meteor and React for Realtime Apps (7,889 students enrolled)By Stephen Grider
- Create interactive web apps amazingly fast
- Build amazing single page applications with Meteor and React JS
- Master fundamental concepts behind structuring Meteor applications
- Learn the true purpose of Meteor in a modern application
- Be the engineer who explains how Meteor works to everyone else, because you know the fundamentals so well
- Build and prototype interesting personal projects in a weekend
GraphQL with React: The Complete Developers Guide (14,683 students enrolled)By Stephen Grider
- Build amazing single page applications with React JS and GraphQL
- Master fundamental concepts behind structuring GraphQL servers
- Realize the power of building flexible data schemas
- Be the engineer who explains how GraphQL works to everyone else, because you know the fundamentals so well
- Become fluent in the ecosystem supporting GraphQL, including the differences between Apollo and Relay
- Create ES6 applications from the ground up.
- Use the terminal/command-line application and a code editor to code.
- Look at ES6 code and understand keyword and concepts.
- Create live development servers with Webpack.
- Code in es6 comfortably, using all the new features.
- Build es6 projects from the ground up using tools like webpack and babel.
- Create a basic ReactJS application from scratch.