Solidity News Friday, February 9
Solidity News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Solidity and the Pet Shop of Horrors
- Solidity is a language designed for programming on the Ethereum blockchain. Unfortunately it contains a number of rough edges, let me introduce you to the pet shop of horrors…
- variable length, whilst learning Solidity, pet shop, new programming language, valuable learning experience
- Disclaimer: Citizens of the United States are prohibited from participating. The Crowdsale of the RAO token is not the sale of a security. RadioYo will use the proceeds of the Crowdsale to advance the purposes outlined in its white paper. Virtual currency is not legal tender, is not backed by…
- Rights Reserved. Privacy, RAO token, reasonable expectation, consumer protections, legal tender
- SUBSCRIBE 👉🏽 https://goo.gl/Y94gkT Can’t wait to hear the news.
- Duration, ngAtlanta, views, Angular vs React.js, Smart Angular Elements
Tweeted At: Fri Feb 09 05:58:46 +0000 2018
- In the tutorial you create an example contract that allows people to adopt pets from a pet store.
- Our Pet struct has a name of string, which is a variable length array of byte32 so no can do.
- I’ll keep a mapping of ID to pet name and add a method to look up the pet name… great!
- Every time a pet gets adopted I’ll maintain an index that tracks each owners pets, then I’ll add a method to return the array.
- Okay, Solidity really doesn’t want me to store the details of the pets on-chain (in the contract) so I won’t.
Tweeted At: Tue Feb 06 16:24:41 +0000 2018
- The Crowdsale of the RAO token is not the sale of a security.
- RadioYo will use the proceeds of the Crowdsale to advance the purposes outlined in its white paper.
- Virtual currency is not legal tender, is not backed by the government, and accounts and value balances are not subject to consumer protections.
- The information in this email does not constitute investment advice or an offer to sell or invest in securities.
- People who purchase tokens should not have a reasonable expectation of any future profits or the RAO increasing in value based on RadioYo, Inc. creating an ecosystem and building out the company’s platform.
Tweeted At: Wed Feb 07 18:24:53 +0000 2018
Top Solidity Courses
Getting Started with Ethereum Solidity Development (6,530 students enrolled)By Sebastien Arbogast
- Understand the basic philosophy behind the blockchain and distributed/decentralized applications
- The basics of how a blockchain generally works, just enough to be able to use it as a development platform
- Develop a distributed application, from creating a blank project to deploying it in production all the way through writing smart contracts, unit testing them, and creating a user interface for them
- How to combine the right tools to put together a consistent development environment
- The fundamentals of the Solidity smart contract language
- How to use the Truffle build and testing framework
- How to deploy a decentralized app to various Ethereum instances (testrpc, private chain, test chain, main net)
Ethereum Blockchain Developer: Build Projects Using Solidity (10,937 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Be Proficient In Solidity Programming By Building Projects In This Course.
- Understand Blockchain Technology At A Theoretical And Practical Level.
- Be Aware On A Practical Level Of How Smart Contracts Operate.
- Be Able To Work With The Ethereum’s Major Core Development Tools.
- Understand The Core Development Functions Of Ethereum.
- Understand What Decentralisation Is As We’re Working With This Technology.
- Be Able To Explain The Structure Of A Solidity Clearly Through Practical Examples.
- Understand How To Use Web3 In Conjunction With The Project We’re Creating.
- Be Proficient In Advanced Development With Truffle And Ethereum Studio.
- Complete A Final Assignment Which Consists Of An Ethereum Blockchain Based Curriculum Vitae.
Ethereum : Decentralized Application Design & Development (9,794 students enrolled)By Rajeev Sakhuja
- Leverage the Ethereum tools/software such as Wallet, Geth, MetaMask, Remix, TruffleV4, Ganache....
- Create an ERC20 Compliant token to launch an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
- Setup Private Blockchain Network
- Develop Smart contracts in Solidity using multiple tools such as Web3/Ganache/TruffleV4/Mocha framework
- Comfortably describe how Ethereum Blockchain works | Ethers, Gas, POW, POS, Nodes ...
- Describe how the Blockchain technologies work | Distributed Ledgers, Consensus, Mining ....
- Develop end to end Decentralized Applications (DAPP) on Ethereum platform
- Setup private Ethereum networks for development & experimentation
- Identify and use the right design patterns for developing smart contracts
- Architect, Design & Build real use cases on Ethereum platform
The Complete Ethereum Course: Get .001 Ether In Your Wallet (4,273 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand how Ethereum, the emerging cryptocurrency works, and get involved with it practically as well as learning the theoretical side of the cryptocurrency.
- Realise how becoming an early adopter of Ethereum gives you the best chance to capitalize on its rise, as many would have missed the meteoric rise of Bitcoin.
- Undertake your first ever Ethereum transaction by receiving .001 Ether from me for completing this course, I will of course walk you through how to setup your wallet.
Compile Your First Ethereum Smart Contract With Solidity (245 students enrolled)By Will Bunker
- Compile a basic smart contract
- Set a private blockchain for testing
- Deploy smart contract to blockchain
- Call the functions on smart contract.
Learn Solidity: Programming Language for Smart Contracts (3,153 students enrolled)By Toshendra Sharma
- Develop Ethereum Smart Contracts using Solidity
- Understand the basics & advance features of Solidity & Ethereum Virtual Machine
- Develop their own decentralized blockchain applications