Solidity News Tuesday, February 13
Solidity News TLDR / Table of Contents
- This new company wants to sequence your genome and let you share it on a blockchain
- People will be able to earn cryptocurrency in exchange for letting pharma companies use their data.
- Nebula, genomic data, genetic data, Nebula Genomics, unlimited online access
- 6 use cases for blockchain in security
- Blockchain has the potential to improve encryption and authentication, and that could be good news for IoT security and DDoS protection.
- safer IoT devices, content delivery networks, smart grid systems, Edinburgh Napier University, electronic ledger
- SUBSCRIBE 👉🏽 https://goo.gl/Y94gkT Bitcooooooneccccccyyyyyyttt
- upload original content, YouTube, , ,
- Cryptocurrency — The Secret to Success – Frank Bonnet –
- It may come as a shock to some, but the secret to success is not really a secret. For the most part it’s knowledge. To prevent catastrophic failure and ultimately succeed, education is key. When you…
- house owners, dot-com bubble, host notorious Dot-Com, housing crash example, overpriced financial product
- Meet our CTO – Epocum –
- Graduated in Computer Science at University of Perugia with a thesis on “Blockchain: Big data visualization”, a web applicanion which allows to visually analyze the Bitcoin blockchain through the use…
- Big data visualization, Microsoft Azure research, Advanced Visualisation Tool, scientific research structure, ‘Aws research grant
- Blockchain is a decentralized, distributed electronic ledger built on the model of offering absolute security and trust.
- As a result, since hitting Gartners fabled peak of the hype cycle in 2016, Blockchain has become something of a priority for industry leaders, especially in financial services, energy and manufacturing.
- Blockchain has the potential to improve everything from improving data integrity and digital identities to enabling safer IoT devices to prevent DDoS attacks.
- Indeed, blockchain might play across the CIA triad of confidentiality, integrity and availability, offering improved resilience, encryption, auditing and transparency.
- Blockchain plugs the gaps that we have left with our poor implementation of security and lack of trustworthiness, said Bill Buchanan, an acclaimed computer scientist and professor at the School of Computing at Edinburgh Napier University.
- Without pointing fingers, its safe to say that the driving force behind them had been a combination of sentiment, lack of knowledge, and misleading information.Dot-Com PartiesGet large or get lostThis was a popular motto used prior to the bursting of the dot-com bubble.
- Despite not having a working product, many ventures would spend outrageous suns of their investors capital to build market share and host notorious Dot-Com parties.The internet was great before, and it still is.
- In 2008 the subprime mortgage bubble led to the crash of the US housing market, and later impacted the global economy.Sure you can blame the banker, but look at yourself and ask yourself this.
- Would the housing market have collapsed if house owners understood what they were getting into?And yes, the housing crash example was choosen because of The Big Short2015, a film based on the facts leading up to and around the 2008 financial crash.
- Governments, banks, traders, investors and house owners all benefit from a bullish market.In truth I believe that cryptocurrency market is a bit of an exception.
- Meet ourCTODan Rusnac: UX, Solidity and Blockchain developerGraduated in Computer Science at University of Perugia with a thesis on Blockchain: Big data visualization, a web applicanion which allows to visually analyze the Bitcoin blockchain through the use of graphs.
- The application through a filtering process allows to identify money flows, potential mixnet or to keep suspicious addresses under observation.Followed two articoles, Visual Analytics for Bitcoin Transactions and Go with the -Bitcoin- Flow: An Advanced Visualisation Tool, and two prizes: the Microsoft Azure research and the Aws research grant.
- During these years he was part of the CyberSecurity lab, a scientific research structure on cryptocurrencies consisting of the synergistic work of researchers in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Economics, Political Science, Engineering and Philosophy, Social Sciences, Humanities and Education.LinksLinkedin: https://medium.com/@rusnac14
Getting Started with Ethereum Solidity Development (6,530 students enrolled)By Sebastien Arbogast
- Understand the basic philosophy behind the blockchain and distributed/decentralized applications
- The basics of how a blockchain generally works, just enough to be able to use it as a development platform
- Develop a distributed application, from creating a blank project to deploying it in production all the way through writing smart contracts, unit testing them, and creating a user interface for them
- How to combine the right tools to put together a consistent development environment
- The fundamentals of the Solidity smart contract language
- How to use the Truffle build and testing framework
- How to deploy a decentralized app to various Ethereum instances (testrpc, private chain, test chain, main net)
Ethereum Blockchain Developer: Build Projects Using Solidity (10,937 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Be Proficient In Solidity Programming By Building Projects In This Course.
- Understand Blockchain Technology At A Theoretical And Practical Level.
- Be Aware On A Practical Level Of How Smart Contracts Operate.
- Be Able To Work With The Ethereum’s Major Core Development Tools.
- Understand The Core Development Functions Of Ethereum.
- Understand What Decentralisation Is As We’re Working With This Technology.
- Be Able To Explain The Structure Of A Solidity Clearly Through Practical Examples.
- Understand How To Use Web3 In Conjunction With The Project We’re Creating.
- Be Proficient In Advanced Development With Truffle And Ethereum Studio.
- Complete A Final Assignment Which Consists Of An Ethereum Blockchain Based Curriculum Vitae.
Ethereum : Decentralized Application Design & Development (9,794 students enrolled)By Rajeev Sakhuja
- Leverage the Ethereum tools/software such as Wallet, Geth, MetaMask, Remix, TruffleV4, Ganache....
- Create an ERC20 Compliant token to launch an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
- Setup Private Blockchain Network
- Develop Smart contracts in Solidity using multiple tools such as Web3/Ganache/TruffleV4/Mocha framework
- Comfortably describe how Ethereum Blockchain works | Ethers, Gas, POW, POS, Nodes ...
- Describe how the Blockchain technologies work | Distributed Ledgers, Consensus, Mining ....
- Develop end to end Decentralized Applications (DAPP) on Ethereum platform
- Setup private Ethereum networks for development & experimentation
- Identify and use the right design patterns for developing smart contracts
- Architect, Design & Build real use cases on Ethereum platform
The Complete Ethereum Course: Get .001 Ether In Your Wallet (4,273 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand how Ethereum, the emerging cryptocurrency works, and get involved with it practically as well as learning the theoretical side of the cryptocurrency.
- Realise how becoming an early adopter of Ethereum gives you the best chance to capitalize on its rise, as many would have missed the meteoric rise of Bitcoin.
- Undertake your first ever Ethereum transaction by receiving .001 Ether from me for completing this course, I will of course walk you through how to setup your wallet.
Compile Your First Ethereum Smart Contract With Solidity (245 students enrolled)By Will Bunker
- Compile a basic smart contract
- Set a private blockchain for testing
- Deploy smart contract to blockchain
- Call the functions on smart contract.
Learn Solidity: Programming Language for Smart Contracts (3,153 students enrolled)By Toshendra Sharma
- Develop Ethereum Smart Contracts using Solidity
- Understand the basics & advance features of Solidity & Ethereum Virtual Machine
- Develop their own decentralized blockchain applications