Solidity News Tuesday, February 20
Solidity News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Turing Incompleteness and the Sad State of Solidity
- Update: the grand total is around $280,000,000 of frozen assets. AKA: 600% of the DAO hack, and 1000% of the 1st parity hack. Update 2: We are now creating our own Turing Incomplete variation of the…
- smart contracting language, multisig wallet contracts, attack vectors, Turing complete machine, new multisig wallets
- espresso – 👯 speedy, parallelized, hot-reloading solidity test framework
- Solidity smart contracts, Ethereum solidity development, valid Truffle config, Solidity smart contract, Solidity testing
- Intro to Solidity and Hello World smart contract
- • What we’ll doThis will be a reboot of the Solidity beginner series. If you want to learn the basics of Ethereum smart contract development, come to this one! We’ll be going over the basics of Solidi
- Solidity beginner series, World smart contract, Hello World, smart contract development,
- How To Launch Your Own Production-ready Cryptocurrency
- How to deploy a cryptocurrency with crowd sale capability to the Ethereum network. Web3.js development and end-to-end testing is demonstrated with the Truffle Suite.
- truffle, ERC-20 Token Standard, Truffle CLI, Crowdsalable Ethereum Token, truffle develop
- How to Handle Decimals and Percentages in Solidity
- point numbers, generic multiplication function, low level details, denominator pair, numerator
- [HIRING] GO/Node/Solidity/Vyper Developer at XYO Network • r/Jobs4Bitcoins
- XYO Network is a decentralized, trustless, location oracle that can be called from various DApp platforms. Work includes ongoing white, yellow,…
- fastest growing currency, largest Bitcoin job, reputable web wallets, frequently answered questions,
- So Paritys and Ethereums founder Gavin Wood lost all of his money from his new ICO venture Polkadot that is supposed to revolutionize and connect blockchains together with some strange paradigms of fishermen because he cant seem to implement one of the most basic smart contracts on Earth.
- Gavin Wood after the 1st hack when none of the money that was stolen was his(/s)And then some random kid poking smart contracts online to learn about Ethereum accidentally sent a kill command to the library contract that all of these new multisig wallet contracts were based off, rendering all…
- It was a mess because instead of letting the system ride out and trying to fix the security problem of having a Turing complete virtual machine on a blockchain, the key developers decided to just hard fork the ledger, give everyones money back (some of which was Vitaliks) and continue…
- Two people are working on the smart contracting system for a multi-billion dollar system that has unknown levels of attack vectors.
- In terms of Turing incompleteness and Lamden, the Lamden Tau token from our token sale will be deployed on a delegated proof-of-stake blockchain system featuring this Turing incomplete smart contracting language.
- Truffle does a fine job compiling and deploying Solidity smart contracts, but Truffle’s testing framework is slow and usually not helpful.
- With espresso we’re trying to make Solidity testing easier, speedier, and more fun.
- Features include: – – espresso is a combination of many tools already being used in development and testing, namely parts of Truffle and Mocha.
- On a demo folder of Open Zeppelin tests, espresso compiled Solidity, deployed to a test RPC and ran the tests almost twice as fast as Open Zeppelin’s implementation of Truffle.
- What we’ll do – – This will be a reboot of the Solidity beginner series.
- If you want to learn the basics of Ethereum smart contract development, come to this one!
- We’ll be going over the basics of Solidity and what it means to write smart contracts, and how it is done.
- We’ll cap the day by deploying a simple Hello World contract to the Ethereum testnet.
- What to bring – – Laptops – – – – Important to know
- Developing the ERC-20TokenThe Ethereum community has established some standards regarding the functionality of smart contracts, including tokens.
- Once this code is deployed to the main Ethereum network, anyone who wants to send or receive your token will execute the code in this contract.
- DeployingAfter you are comfortable with, Solidity, network gas prices, and writing your own tests, you can put your token on a public test network.
- CrowdsalesNow that you have installed Truffle, used the CLI, explored Solidity, and written some test code, we can unbox an existing Truffle projectCrowdsalable Ethereum Token.
- If you are new to programming in Solidity, one thing you may find confusing is the lack of floating point numbers – or decimals.
- Floating point numbers are not included due to their lack of accuracy and the financial nature of Ethereum.
- To get around this, we need to simply use a numerator / denominator pair.
- You might do something like: – – Then you would just run: – – It’s important to first multiply by the numerator before dividing.
- I don’t like having to specify low level details like numerator and denominator in the list of argmuments.
Top Solidity Courses
Getting Started with Ethereum Solidity Development (6,530 students enrolled)By Sebastien Arbogast
- Understand the basic philosophy behind the blockchain and distributed/decentralized applications
- The basics of how a blockchain generally works, just enough to be able to use it as a development platform
- Develop a distributed application, from creating a blank project to deploying it in production all the way through writing smart contracts, unit testing them, and creating a user interface for them
- How to combine the right tools to put together a consistent development environment
- The fundamentals of the Solidity smart contract language
- How to use the Truffle build and testing framework
- How to deploy a decentralized app to various Ethereum instances (testrpc, private chain, test chain, main net)
Ethereum Blockchain Developer: Build Projects Using Solidity (10,937 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Be Proficient In Solidity Programming By Building Projects In This Course.
- Understand Blockchain Technology At A Theoretical And Practical Level.
- Be Aware On A Practical Level Of How Smart Contracts Operate.
- Be Able To Work With The Ethereum’s Major Core Development Tools.
- Understand The Core Development Functions Of Ethereum.
- Understand What Decentralisation Is As We’re Working With This Technology.
- Be Able To Explain The Structure Of A Solidity Clearly Through Practical Examples.
- Understand How To Use Web3 In Conjunction With The Project We’re Creating.
- Be Proficient In Advanced Development With Truffle And Ethereum Studio.
- Complete A Final Assignment Which Consists Of An Ethereum Blockchain Based Curriculum Vitae.
Ethereum : Decentralized Application Design & Development (9,794 students enrolled)By Rajeev Sakhuja
- Leverage the Ethereum tools/software such as Wallet, Geth, MetaMask, Remix, TruffleV4, Ganache....
- Create an ERC20 Compliant token to launch an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
- Setup Private Blockchain Network
- Develop Smart contracts in Solidity using multiple tools such as Web3/Ganache/TruffleV4/Mocha framework
- Comfortably describe how Ethereum Blockchain works | Ethers, Gas, POW, POS, Nodes ...
- Describe how the Blockchain technologies work | Distributed Ledgers, Consensus, Mining ....
- Develop end to end Decentralized Applications (DAPP) on Ethereum platform
- Setup private Ethereum networks for development & experimentation
- Identify and use the right design patterns for developing smart contracts
- Architect, Design & Build real use cases on Ethereum platform
The Complete Ethereum Course: Get .001 Ether In Your Wallet (4,273 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand how Ethereum, the emerging cryptocurrency works, and get involved with it practically as well as learning the theoretical side of the cryptocurrency.
- Realise how becoming an early adopter of Ethereum gives you the best chance to capitalize on its rise, as many would have missed the meteoric rise of Bitcoin.
- Undertake your first ever Ethereum transaction by receiving .001 Ether from me for completing this course, I will of course walk you through how to setup your wallet.
Compile Your First Ethereum Smart Contract With Solidity (245 students enrolled)By Will Bunker
- Compile a basic smart contract
- Set a private blockchain for testing
- Deploy smart contract to blockchain
- Call the functions on smart contract.
Learn Solidity: Programming Language for Smart Contracts (3,153 students enrolled)By Toshendra Sharma
- Develop Ethereum Smart Contracts using Solidity
- Understand the basics & advance features of Solidity & Ethereum Virtual Machine
- Develop their own decentralized blockchain applications