Solidity News Wednesday, March 14 Medium-term pension fund, Executes payment calculation, Contract & more…
Solidity News TLDR / Table of Contents
- GitHub is where people build software. More than 27 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 80 million projects.
- medium-term pension fund, Executes payment calculation, Executes fund release, Smart Contract, current fund balance
- Recommendations for Smart Contract Security in Solidity – Ethereum Smart Contract Best Practices
- contract, contracts, smart contracts, external contracts, malicious code
- Ethereum-Solidity language syntax in Sublime – Abhinav Prakash –
- I personally like Sublime as a text-editor more compared with all other existing text editors (including Vim, yes I said it — sue me), exception is JetBrains ones. Other than Python for which I use…
- Sublime, Sublime text editor, Restart Sublime, Open Sublime, solidity language
- RootProject is a crowdfunding platform for social projects powered by a crypto currency.
- Smart Contract II: PensionFundRelease – the medium-term pension fund, as described in the RootProject whitepaper.
- The contract freezes funds for a custom period of time, and releases funds continously after the approval of validators.
- Generates a vote for the fund to release or burn, and it’s justification.
- Released – – To run the test, execute the following commands from the project’s root folder: – – All smart contracts are open source and distributed under the GNU GPL v.3
- External calls may execute malicious code in that contract or any other contract that it depends upon.
- Whether using raw calls (of the form ) or contract calls (of the form ), assume that malicious code might execute.
- On the other hand, contract calls (e.g., ) will automatically propagate a throw (for example, will also if throws).
- Interfaces also have limitations such as not being able to access storage or inherit from other interfaces which generally makes abstract contracts more practical.
- Contract users (and auditors) should be aware of the full smart contract source code of any application they intend to use.
Top Solidity Courses
Getting Started with Ethereum Solidity Development (6,530 students enrolled)By Sebastien Arbogast
- Understand the basic philosophy behind the blockchain and distributed/decentralized applications
- The basics of how a blockchain generally works, just enough to be able to use it as a development platform
- Develop a distributed application, from creating a blank project to deploying it in production all the way through writing smart contracts, unit testing them, and creating a user interface for them
- How to combine the right tools to put together a consistent development environment
- The fundamentals of the Solidity smart contract language
- How to use the Truffle build and testing framework
- How to deploy a decentralized app to various Ethereum instances (testrpc, private chain, test chain, main net)
Ethereum Blockchain Developer: Build Projects Using Solidity (10,937 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Be Proficient In Solidity Programming By Building Projects In This Course.
- Understand Blockchain Technology At A Theoretical And Practical Level.
- Be Aware On A Practical Level Of How Smart Contracts Operate.
- Be Able To Work With The Ethereum’s Major Core Development Tools.
- Understand The Core Development Functions Of Ethereum.
- Understand What Decentralisation Is As We’re Working With This Technology.
- Be Able To Explain The Structure Of A Solidity Clearly Through Practical Examples.
- Understand How To Use Web3 In Conjunction With The Project We’re Creating.
- Be Proficient In Advanced Development With Truffle And Ethereum Studio.
- Complete A Final Assignment Which Consists Of An Ethereum Blockchain Based Curriculum Vitae.
Ethereum : Decentralized Application Design & Development (9,794 students enrolled)By Rajeev Sakhuja
- Leverage the Ethereum tools/software such as Wallet, Geth, MetaMask, Remix, TruffleV4, Ganache....
- Create an ERC20 Compliant token to launch an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
- Setup Private Blockchain Network
- Develop Smart contracts in Solidity using multiple tools such as Web3/Ganache/TruffleV4/Mocha framework
- Comfortably describe how Ethereum Blockchain works | Ethers, Gas, POW, POS, Nodes ...
- Describe how the Blockchain technologies work | Distributed Ledgers, Consensus, Mining ....
- Develop end to end Decentralized Applications (DAPP) on Ethereum platform
- Setup private Ethereum networks for development & experimentation
- Identify and use the right design patterns for developing smart contracts
- Architect, Design & Build real use cases on Ethereum platform
The Complete Ethereum Course: Get .001 Ether In Your Wallet (4,273 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand how Ethereum, the emerging cryptocurrency works, and get involved with it practically as well as learning the theoretical side of the cryptocurrency.
- Realise how becoming an early adopter of Ethereum gives you the best chance to capitalize on its rise, as many would have missed the meteoric rise of Bitcoin.
- Undertake your first ever Ethereum transaction by receiving .001 Ether from me for completing this course, I will of course walk you through how to setup your wallet.
Compile Your First Ethereum Smart Contract With Solidity (245 students enrolled)By Will Bunker
- Compile a basic smart contract
- Set a private blockchain for testing
- Deploy smart contract to blockchain
- Call the functions on smart contract.
Learn Solidity: Programming Language for Smart Contracts (3,153 students enrolled)By Toshendra Sharma
- Develop Ethereum Smart Contracts using Solidity
- Understand the basics & advance features of Solidity & Ethereum Virtual Machine
- Develop their own decentralized blockchain applications