Vue Jargon, AJAX & Social News Thursday, December 7
Vue News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Jargon-Free Webpack Intro For VueJS Users
- Webpack promises great things for Vue developers. But the range of possibilities of Webpack are also why it’s so intimidating to learn. In this article, I’ll give you a gentle introduction to Webpack without the jargon that may have you bewildered.
- example project, Webpack, ES modules, dependency management problem, HTML document
- 4 AJAX Patterns For Vue.js Apps
- Vue.js is a UI framework, but you often need to display data from the server. What is the best way to implement AJAX in Vue? In this article I cover four different approaches, each with their own pros and cons.
- AJAX, AJAX logic, root instance, AJAX requests, data
- Vue.js component for social share.
- vue-goodshare – 🚀 Vue.js component for social share. A simple way to share a link on the pages of your website in the most popular (and not so) social networks. Powered by goodshare.js project.
- social networks, const app, new Vue, docs Update docs, Import vue-goodshare bundle
- Consider the following where we attempt to use before it has loaded: – – In a complex web application this system is insufficient because: – – A solution to the dependency management problem is to use a module system where code is modularized and imported into other scripts.
- In the example project, app.js is the entry file and has just one dependency, Vue.js.
- For the example project, the graph includes app.js, vue.js and a few other dependencies required by Webpack.
- For example, in app.js we use the ES2015 , which isn’t supported by IE10: – – If the Webpack Babel loader is used will be transformed to before it’s added to the bundle: – – There are many other loaders including: – – Webpack uses a declarative config file to…
- With this architecture, components are responsible for managing their own AJAX requests and state independently.
- would contain the AJAX logic, and would manage data for all the components in this group, communicating via props and events.
- To make implementation of this architecture easier, you can abstract any AJAX logic into a mixin, then use the mixin in a component to make it AJAX-enabled.
- With this architecture, your app is split into pages, and all data required for a page and its sub components is fetched when the route is changed.
- Then you can implement a generic hook that will merge all the data properties into the page component’s data: – – It’s not advisable to use AJAX to retrieve application state on the initial page load, as it requires an extra round-trip to the server that will delay your app…
Top Vue Courses
Vue JS 2: From Beginner to Professional (includes Vuex) (1,798 students enrolled)By Bo Andersen
- How to build advanced Vue.js applications
- How to build single page applications (SPA)
- Understand the theory and how Vue works under the hood
- How to manage state in large applications with Vuex
- Communicating with servers with HTTP
- Use modern tools for developing and building applications (e.g. webpack)
Vue JS 2 - The Complete Guide (incl. Vue Router & Vuex) (38,295 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Build amazing Vue.js Applications - all the Way from Small and Simple Ones up to Large Enterprise-level Ones
- Understand the Theory behind Vue.js and use it in Real Projects
- Leverage Vue.js in both Multi- and Single-Page-Applications (MPAs and SPAs)
The Ultimate Vue JS 2 Developers Course (3,882 students enrolled)By Anthony Gore
- Understand all Vue concepts from beginner to advanced
- Build three real world applications using Vue.js utilising every Vue feature
- Use the Vuex statement management library
- Write basic Vue with ES5 and also modern Vue with ES6
- Setup VueJS environment with development tools including Webpack
- Create a universal application with server-side rendering
- Use popular plugins from the Vue ecosystem like vue-router and vue-resource
- Cutting-edge features like Single File Components, Render functions and Server-Side Rendering
Vue JS 2.0 - Mastering Web Apps (52,495 students enrolled)By David Katz
- Build entire Vue JS, VueRouter, and Vuex applications from scratch.
- Develop apps that deal with APIs and web requests.
- Create web apps with a full authentication service, and real-time database.
Learn by Doing: Vue JS 2.0 the Right Way (1,437 students enrolled)By Dejan Stošić
- Build your own VueJS application of any size
- Plan and structure your project
- Write maintainable code
- Use smart development tools like vue-cli