Vue News Friday, March 2 Code splitting, Single page app, Ui lib implement & more…
Vue News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Code Splitting With Vue.js And Webpack
- The longer it takes for your app to load, the more frustrating it’s for the user, especially on mobile. In this article I’ll show you how to ‘code split’ a Vue.js app with Webpack so users can see and interact with your app much quicker.
- code splitting, single page app, Vue.js app, ,
- Vue.JS Top 10 Articles for the Past Month (v.Nov 2017)
- For the past month, we’ve ranked nearly 700 Vue articles to pick the Top 10 stories that can help advance your career (1.3% chance).
- ui lib implement, Github, Vue articles, Mybridge AI,
- Build CRUD operations in SPA using Vue.js, .NET Core 2.0 and Azure Cosmos DB
- Storing data is key aspect of every application out there. Learn how to use Azure Cosmos DB with .NET Core to deliver CRUD operation capabilities to application of any kind, and how to handle those operations in real time on front-end using Vue.js.
- div, div v-else class, div class, todo,
- 8 React conditional rendering methods –
- Esteban covers 8 conditional rendering methods in React and concludes that the ternary operator isn’t always the way to go.
- complete fiddle, conditional rendering, ternary operator, component, conditional expressions
- Scroller Component for Vue.js
- Scroller Component for Vue.js in Laravel, Laravel & VueJs, VueJs
- Vue Scroller, foundational component, smooth scrolling, Vonic UI, infinite loading
- The key to code splitting a Vue.js app is async components.
- This function has two notable features: – – Async components are the first step for code splitting because we now have a mechanism for abstracting sections of our apps code.
- Say we abstract our component definition into an ES6 module file: – – How could we get our Vue.js app to load this?
- On the initial load the page will be rendered as: – – When main.js runs it will initiate a request for the async component module (this happens automatically because Webpacks implementation includes code that will load the module with AJAX!)
- If the AJAX call is successful and the module is returned, the Promise resolves and the component can be rendered, so Vue will now re-render the page: – – Heres a diagram to help you visualise it: – – The idiosyncratic way to achieve code splitting in Vue, however, is…
- Vue.JS Top 10 Articles for the Past Month (v.Nov2017)For the past month, weve ranked nearly 700 Vue articles to pick the Top 10 stories that can help advance your career (1.3% chance).
- Mybridge website is now built with Vue.JS 2.
- We moved from Angular 1.
- This is a competitive list and youll find the experience and techniques shared by the Vue.JS leaders useful.
- NET Core to deliver CRUD operation capabilities to application of any kind, and how to handle those operations in real time on front-end using Vue.js.
- Cosmos DB is one of available Azure PaaS (Platform as a Service) databases.
- Cosmos DB is simply said a document database which stores its data in JSON format.
- Those APIs include – – Biggest advantage of using databases like Cosmos DB is that they will scale better than databases but also offer great pay as you go model which means for small applications the cost is much lower than the one of full-fledged database.
- Next step is to create a web app backbone that will allow for creation of new to-do items and a web api that will handle the request.
- This tutorial covers the most popular conditional renderings methods: – If/ElsePrevent rendering with nullElement variablesTernary operatorShort-circuit operator ( )Immediately-Invoked Function Expressions (IIFE)SubcomponentsHigh Order Components (HOCs)As an example of how all these methods work, a component with a view/edit functionality will be implemented: – You can try and fork all the…
- So lets simplify it by extracting all the conditional logic to two render methods, one to render the input box and another one to render the button: – Heres the complete fiddle to try it out: – Notice that the method renderInputField returns an empty div element when the app…
- Back to our example, change the renderInputField method to look like this: – Heres the complete fiddle: – One advantage of returning null instead of an empty element is that youll improve a little bit the performance of your app because React wont have to unmount the component to replace…
- Im going to remove renderInputField and renderButton and in the render method, Im going to add a variable to know if the component is in view or edit mode: – Now you can use the ternary operator to return `null` if the `view` mode is set, or the input field…
- /span/IfThese libraries provide more advanced components, but if we need something like a simple if/else, we can do something like what Michael J. Ryan showed in one of the comments of this issue: – Heres the complete fiddle: – Higher-order componentsA higher-order component (HOC) is a function that that takes…
- Vue Scroller is a foundational component of Vonic UI.
- For vue 1.0, please refer to branch v1.
Top Vue Courses
Vue JS 2: From Beginner to Professional (includes Vuex) (1,798 students enrolled)By Bo Andersen
- How to build advanced Vue.js applications
- How to build single page applications (SPA)
- Understand the theory and how Vue works under the hood
- How to manage state in large applications with Vuex
- Communicating with servers with HTTP
- Use modern tools for developing and building applications (e.g. webpack)
Vue JS 2 - The Complete Guide (incl. Vue Router & Vuex) (38,295 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Build amazing Vue.js Applications - all the Way from Small and Simple Ones up to Large Enterprise-level Ones
- Understand the Theory behind Vue.js and use it in Real Projects
- Leverage Vue.js in both Multi- and Single-Page-Applications (MPAs and SPAs)
The Ultimate Vue JS 2 Developers Course (3,882 students enrolled)By Anthony Gore
- Understand all Vue concepts from beginner to advanced
- Build three real world applications using Vue.js utilising every Vue feature
- Use the Vuex statement management library
- Write basic Vue with ES5 and also modern Vue with ES6
- Setup VueJS environment with development tools including Webpack
- Create a universal application with server-side rendering
- Use popular plugins from the Vue ecosystem like vue-router and vue-resource
- Cutting-edge features like Single File Components, Render functions and Server-Side Rendering
Vue JS 2.0 - Mastering Web Apps (52,495 students enrolled)By David Katz
- Build entire Vue JS, VueRouter, and Vuex applications from scratch.
- Develop apps that deal with APIs and web requests.
- Create web apps with a full authentication service, and real-time database.
Learn by Doing: Vue JS 2.0 the Right Way (1,437 students enrolled)By Dejan Stošić
- Build your own VueJS application of any size
- Plan and structure your project
- Write maintainable code
- Use smart development tools like vue-cli