Vue News Monday, February 19
Vue News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Server-Side Rendering With Laravel & Vue.js 2.5 | Codementor
- The release of Vue.js 2.5.0 has brought server-side rendering support to non-Node.js environments including PHP. In this article, I’ll go through the steps of setting up a Vue server-rendered app using Laravel and V8Js.
- app, server-side rendering, Vue.js app, Vue SSR, full-stack app
- Why we moved from Angular 2 to Vue.js (and why we didn’t choose React)
- At Rever (www.reverscore.com) we just released a new version of our web client using Vue.js. 641 commits and 16 weeks of intense development after with two resources, here we are, very proud of a…
- Angular, Vue.js, React, Angular team, decision
- Building a Text-Based Adventure in Vue.js
- Note – I found a bug with the room description that was fixed in a later build. Sorry about that! Happy Valentines Day! Today I’m showing my love for Vue.js by building something totally impractical and fun – a text-based adventure in Vue.js. As a child of 80s, I grew…
- room, input, room description, view layer, simple text-based game
- Vue.js Top 10 Articles for the Past Month (v.Feb 2018)
- For the past month, we ranked nearly 1,000 Vue.js articles to pick the Top 10 stories that can help advance your career (1% chance).
- Vue JS, Vue JS CLI, folder-based config approach, Command Line Instrument, best daily articles
- Replacing jQuery With Vue.js: No Build Step Necessary
- Did you know that you can incorporate Vue into your project the same way that you would incorporate jQuery — with no build step necessary? Let’s cover some common use cases in jQuery and how we can switch them over to Vue, and why we’d even want to do so….
- Vue, Sarah Drasner, jQuery, ,
- express-vue – Vue rendering engine for Express.js. Use .Vue files as templates using streams
- Google Chrome, init method, latest Safari, Reload, tab
- If you aren’t familiar with server-side rendering (SSR), here’s a simple example: say we have an Vue.js app built with components.
- If we use the browser dev tools to view the page DOM after the page has loaded, we will see our fully rendered app: – – But if we view the source of the document i.e. index.html as it was when sent by the server, you’ll see it just has…
- To begin with, we’ll create a method that will return our app view: – – We’ll add a web route for the root path which calls this controller method: – – With that done, we should now be able to view our humble full-stack app: – – The Vue.js app…
- My conclusion about Angular 2 was simple, the only thing Angular 1 and 2 share in common is the name, they are completely different frameworks.So consider that we had 17 versions to upgrade on a non-tested system, a lot of pressure from the business to write new features, lots of…
- I got a good understanding of the basic concepts of Vue.js, defined a good and extendable architecture but most importantly I really enjoyed the experience of writing code with it and I felt I was doing it faster than with React.React was a lot harder than I thought, choosing between…
- React took the most mentions and Angular 2 came in a distant second place.I started to look for local talent with Vue.js experience and I did find some who were really good so I started to think that I was not alone, my social techy circle was probably too small…
- Infocom games were notorious for their complex parsers and their ability to take input and map it to a proper action in the game.
- So given that a room has exits to the west and east, I’d support the user typing commands to move in those directions.
- Right now this is a JSON file, but in the next version, I’m going to support the abilty to use individual files for rooms and use a Node script to handle converting that data into JSON.
- The game’s view layer is split into two states – one to use while stuff is loading (you could imagine the room data becoming quite large) and one to display the main game UI.
- Right now that supports two elements – a room description with exit data dynamically generated and then a CLI that’s really just an input field.
- Vue.js Top 10 Articles for the Past Month (v.Feb2018)For the past month, we ranked nearly 1,000 Vue.js articles to pick the Top 10 stories that can help advance your career (1% chance).
- Vue.js gained the most number of Github stars among front-end frameworks in2017.
- This is a competitive list and youll find the experience and techniques shared by the Vue.js leaders useful.Course of the month:A) Nuxt.js: Vue.js on Steroids.
- [1,559 recommends, 4.8/5 stars]B) Beginner: Master VueJS, Command Line Instrument, Babel, NPM, Webpack, Vue JS CLI, single-file components, Vue Router, and VueX.
- To capture information as a user types, heres how we would do this in jQuery and Vue side by side: – – See the Pen jQuery capture information from a form input by Sarah Drasner (@sdras) on CodePen.
- See the Pen Vue capture information from a form input by Sarah Drasner (@sdras) on CodePen.
- We can see this in the updated version of the last example, where the information is gathered on an enter keypress: – – See the Pen jQuery capture information from a form input- on enter by Sarah Drasner (@sdras) on CodePen.
- See the Pen Vue capture information from a form input, enter key by Sarah Drasner (@sdras) on CodePen.
- Below is an example of coordinating showing something based on the presence of user input: – – See the Pen Show button based on content Vue by Sarah Drasner (@sdras) on CodePen.
Top Vue Courses
Vue JS 2: From Beginner to Professional (includes Vuex) (1,798 students enrolled)By Bo Andersen
- How to build advanced Vue.js applications
- How to build single page applications (SPA)
- Understand the theory and how Vue works under the hood
- How to manage state in large applications with Vuex
- Communicating with servers with HTTP
- Use modern tools for developing and building applications (e.g. webpack)
Vue JS 2 - The Complete Guide (incl. Vue Router & Vuex) (38,295 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Build amazing Vue.js Applications - all the Way from Small and Simple Ones up to Large Enterprise-level Ones
- Understand the Theory behind Vue.js and use it in Real Projects
- Leverage Vue.js in both Multi- and Single-Page-Applications (MPAs and SPAs)
The Ultimate Vue JS 2 Developers Course (3,882 students enrolled)By Anthony Gore
- Understand all Vue concepts from beginner to advanced
- Build three real world applications using Vue.js utilising every Vue feature
- Use the Vuex statement management library
- Write basic Vue with ES5 and also modern Vue with ES6
- Setup VueJS environment with development tools including Webpack
- Create a universal application with server-side rendering
- Use popular plugins from the Vue ecosystem like vue-router and vue-resource
- Cutting-edge features like Single File Components, Render functions and Server-Side Rendering
Vue JS 2.0 - Mastering Web Apps (52,495 students enrolled)By David Katz
- Build entire Vue JS, VueRouter, and Vuex applications from scratch.
- Develop apps that deal with APIs and web requests.
- Create web apps with a full authentication service, and real-time database.
Learn by Doing: Vue JS 2.0 the Right Way (1,437 students enrolled)By Dejan Stošić
- Build your own VueJS application of any size
- Plan and structure your project
- Write maintainable code
- Use smart development tools like vue-cli