Vue News Wednesday, March 7 Native ui, Native ui apis, Cosmic js & more…
Vue News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Native apps with Vue.js: Weex or NativeScript? — chapter II
- How to build a content curation website with Vue and Cosmic JS | Cosmic JS
- Cosmic JS is a cloud-hosted content platform that offers a flexible and intuitive CMS API. Build websites and applications with more freedom and manage content easier. Get started for Free.
- cosmic js, Cosmic JS backend, Cosmic JS dashboard, cosmic JS hosting, Cosmic JS support
- vue-notification – Made with Vue.js
- 🍦 Vue.js 2 library for showing notifications
- Office UI Fabric, UI Fabric Vue, parallax scroll effects, UI Fabric implementation, Vue.js Modal Simple
- The NativeScript team provides great support for NativeScript-Vue by giving several incentives to community members and adjusting their tooling to specific needs of NativeScript-Vue.
- WeexWith Weex, we write html(-ish) and css flexbox that will render into native and web components.
- This is actually quite hard to do because native UI APIs are very different from flexbox, which makes the UI development somewhat fragile and error prone.
- This can be a good thing if your app is heavily styled, but generally it is a good idea to use native UI components to show a familiar look-and-feel to the user.
- It is possible, however, to set up your project in a way that allows you to share as much code as possible between Web and native platforms.
- Youll see how easy it is to create relational database models for our content with Cosmic and also how quick we can get from scratch to deployment.
- Copy and rename the file in the root folder to and fill in the bucket configuration variables – which you can obtain from the Settings Basic Settings tab in your cosmic dashboard.
- (you can skip write_key if you want as we are not writing anything yet to our cosmic js backend from the app) – – Once this is done, you can start the app in development mode with ,and you will be able to access it at by default, or at…
- The folder contains the vue-router configurations and folder contains a cosmic bucket initialization file, which we can import and use in components – – Since Cosmic JS does the heavylifting in the backend side and there is no database to configure, deployment is a walk in the park.
- By taking away the heavy-lifting in the backend, Cosmic essentially speeds up the process and reduces hassle in building content driven websites and apps.
Top Vue Courses
Vue JS 2: From Beginner to Professional (includes Vuex) (1,798 students enrolled)By Bo Andersen
- How to build advanced Vue.js applications
- How to build single page applications (SPA)
- Understand the theory and how Vue works under the hood
- How to manage state in large applications with Vuex
- Communicating with servers with HTTP
- Use modern tools for developing and building applications (e.g. webpack)
Vue JS 2 - The Complete Guide (incl. Vue Router & Vuex) (38,295 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Build amazing Vue.js Applications - all the Way from Small and Simple Ones up to Large Enterprise-level Ones
- Understand the Theory behind Vue.js and use it in Real Projects
- Leverage Vue.js in both Multi- and Single-Page-Applications (MPAs and SPAs)
The Ultimate Vue JS 2 Developers Course (3,882 students enrolled)By Anthony Gore
- Understand all Vue concepts from beginner to advanced
- Build three real world applications using Vue.js utilising every Vue feature
- Use the Vuex statement management library
- Write basic Vue with ES5 and also modern Vue with ES6
- Setup VueJS environment with development tools including Webpack
- Create a universal application with server-side rendering
- Use popular plugins from the Vue ecosystem like vue-router and vue-resource
- Cutting-edge features like Single File Components, Render functions and Server-Side Rendering
Vue JS 2.0 - Mastering Web Apps (52,495 students enrolled)By David Katz
- Build entire Vue JS, VueRouter, and Vuex applications from scratch.
- Develop apps that deal with APIs and web requests.
- Create web apps with a full authentication service, and real-time database.
Learn by Doing: Vue JS 2.0 the Right Way (1,437 students enrolled)By Dejan Stošić
- Build your own VueJS application of any size
- Plan and structure your project
- Write maintainable code
- Use smart development tools like vue-cli