Vue News Wednesday, November 22
Vue News Preview / TLDR
- How we do Vue: one year later
- How we, at GitLab, write VueJS, one year later.
- Vue, Vue code, extensive Vue style, new Vue code, bad Vue code
- Build a Server-Side Rendered Vue App with Nuxt.js ― Scotch
- Usage of static websites are increasing in popularity recently. It’s not a surprise as static site generators seem to have been gaining more popular recently too. There are various static site generators which you can use to build websites. Some of these generators include Jekyll, Hugo, Gatsby, Nuxt.js to mention…
- static site, portfolio website, static sites, static site generators, static website
- Vuebnb: A Full-Stack Vue.js and Laravel App
- Vuebnb is a clone of Airbnb built with Vue.js and Laravel. In this post, I’ll give a high-level overview of how it works so you get a sense of what’s involved in building a full-stack Vue/Laravel app.
- Vue Router, Vue Web Development, Full-Stack Vue Web, full-stack Vue/Laravel app, Stack Vue Web
- Creating a Real-Time Data Application Using Vue.js ⋅ ElseIf
- Create a News App with Vue.js and Nuxt from @johnlindquist on @eggheadio
- This course walks you through the steps of creating a News web app using Vue.js and the Nuxt framework. You will learn how to create dynamic pages for each section of your application and load, store, display, filter, and style the data. Then end result will be a News app…
- News web app, multiple category pages, News app, Load Data, Vue.js CLI
- Livecoding 52: First impressions of Vue – A geek with a hat
- Over the years I’ve helped over 10,000 engineers hone their craft. Engineers have used my books, articles, and talks to improve their technical skills, get promotions, change jobs, and ship their products faster.
- I have been a fullstack developer for the last 12 years, I became developing in js when the…
- Mobile friendly datetime picker for Vue.js
- essential UI components, Customizable progress indicators, Vue Chat Scroll, custom SVG path, Keen UI
- Space Snake – A Desktop game built with Electron and Vue.js
- Vue.js Book! The first Vue.js 2 and Laravel book! Learn by building awesome interactive web applications
- Space Snake, desktop game, game Space Snake, Quick Start Guide, free desktop game
- Even though VueJS and VueX are both wonderful, it is still possible (as with any code) to write bad Vue code.
- All of our new Vue code follows the Flux architecture.
- When someone presses that key on their keyboard from an empty new comment (at the very bottom of the page) we allow them to edit the last comment they created, just like in Slack.
- A better solution, in this case, is to let the backend developers mark the last user comment in the JSON they return.
- Those massive event listeners (along with other problems) created jank, so scrolling the page was choppy with many comments.
- This year I’ve been writing a new book called Full-Stack Vue Web Development: Vue.js, Vuex and Laravel.
- Here’s a live demo if you’d like to check it out: a full-stack app, Vuebnb consists of two distinct parts: – – The main features of this project include the UI widgets as well as the general architecture of the app.
- For example, how does the data for a listing get from Laravel to a page within Vue.js?
- But if Vue Router is used to create virtual pages, how is subsequent page data retrieved?
- From looking at features of Vuebnb you will have a sense of some the topics covered in Full Stack Vue Web Development: Vue.js, Vuex and Laravel.
@vuejsdevelopers: Vuebnb: A Full-Stack Vue.js and Laravel App #vuejs #laravel @vuejs https://t.co/CArh5oGFmR
- Vue.js is powerful and with a few lines of code you can achieve a lot.
- Pusher makes building real-time applications super easy, and we can easily plug it into a Vue.js app to give our users a great experience.
@josta_jo: Creating a Real-Time Data Application Using Vue.js https://t.co/JVAJpQSaGa #Programming https://t.co/vaRhuxxXJy
- This course walks you through the steps of creating a News web app using Vue.js and the Nuxt framework.
- You will learn how to create dynamic pages for each section of your application and load, store, display, filter, and style the data.
- Then end result will be a News app with multiple category pages, comments for each section, and user pages.
@eggheadio: Create a News App with Vue.js and Nuxt – #vue course by @johnlindquist https://t.co/uMSXviKGqh https://t.co/f8ai4sjeAv
- In a few bullet points 👇 – – Vue feels like a bastard child between React 13 and Angular 1.
- Its methods are its methods, its props can be state, there’s a variable which is the proper connected state, and children are automagically defined by being nested in the component.
- I have been a fullstack developer for the last 12 years, I became developing in js when the dinosaurs ruled the world and jquery was the T-Rex.
- For the last year and a half I have been developing an app using phoenix 1.2 and vanilla js for the frontend.
- As Phoenix uses brunch as default I started learning about the new JS world(ES5, ES6), so I started organizing my code in an View -> Component -> Connection.
- So if you were a vanilla js developer who has found the truth in frameworks tell me what was it that enlightened you, or if you are an experienced vanilla js developer that can share its experience developing a whole framework please do.
@_KarimaTounsya: I need an extra push for Vue. https://t.co/ykv5sXpIyQ https://t.co/s7SavhCGQm
- It’s one factor among many, with popular frameworks and libraries providing big communities that can help speed development, among other benefits.
- The graph is showing monthly downloads over the past year, and rather than take these numbers as absolute truth, I think it’s best to use them for relative comparison.
- Before we talk about what these data might mean, let’s pull a few numbers out to help us see things a bit more clearly.
- Another thing that I see is that all of the frameworks — even the “old” ones — have increasing monthly downloads.
@rachelnabors: JS Frameworks by the Numbers — Fall 2017: https://t.co/UZAyVa2UsB I’m betting on Vue if you want to work with inter… https://t.co/eKcybDJToY
@VueJSTutorials: Space Snake – A Desktop game built with Electron and Vue.jshttps://t.co/lE4CAZiQH4#vuejs #vue #dev #html5 #js… https://t.co/QuxqAoEbn6