Vue News Saturday, June 2
- Best resources to learn Vue.js in 2018
- Native desktop applications using Vue.js – codeburst
- Unsung Heroes of Vue: Igor Randjelovic – oneminutejs – Medium
- To help some of the people who every day are looking for quality resources, I have gathered some of the most discussed online sources which can provide knowledge over Vue and other relevant subjects.
- scotch.io has a wide range of courses and tutorials around many subjects, but it also has some quite interesting free tutorials, usually combining Vue with other technologies to address more real-life situations.
- The known platform has a lot of courses on every subject and Vue, of course, is not missing from the list.
- A website presenting tutorials about Vue and related tools as well as other technologies and technics.
- Creative Tim has a great variety of Premium Bootstrap themes, templates, and Material UI Kits, including of course Vue products with thousands of downloads.
- An introduction to Vuido, a framework for creating lightweight, native desktop applications using Vue.js.
- Application using Vuido can run on Windows, OS X and Linux, using native GUI components, and dont require Electron.
- Since configuring webpack with vue-loader and a special version of the Vue.js template compiler is quite difficult, I created a template which can be used with vue-cli to initialize a new Vuido application.
- Applications created using Vuido are native in the sense that they use the native GUI components provided by the operating system: WinAPI on Windows, Cocoa on OS X and GTK+ on Linux.
- After completing a fairly large project where I had to hack together a jQuery solution for re-calculating fields of a large table whenever something changed, I got interested in finding a better way to handle such cases.
- For people who are unfamiliar with the project, what is is a plugin which bridges the gap between Vue and NativeScript, in short, its a custom renderer implementation for Vue, which instead of creating HTML DOM nodes, it creates NativeScript elements.
- I hadnt tested the waters for too long before I decided to create NativeScript-Vue, it sure was a great way to learn the inner workings of both Vue and NativeScript.
- People are excited about the project, the reception is really positivewe have almost 3000 stars on GitHub, and Im really happy to see more and more people interested in the project.
- How can first time contributors/people who are newer to coding contribute to the project?
@oneminutejs: Igor Randjelovic is an unsung hero of Vue for his work on NativeScript-Vue https://t.co/O1pIi4OmQH #vuejs… https://t.co/UZGn5K9ldC
Top Vue Courses
Vue JS 2: From Beginner to Professional (includes Vuex) (1,798 students enrolled)By Bo Andersen
- How to build advanced Vue.js applications
- How to build single page applications (SPA)
- Understand the theory and how Vue works under the hood
- How to manage state in large applications with Vuex
- Communicating with servers with HTTP
- Use modern tools for developing and building applications (e.g. webpack)
Vue JS 2 - The Complete Guide (incl. Vue Router & Vuex) (38,295 students enrolled)By Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Build amazing Vue.js Applications - all the Way from Small and Simple Ones up to Large Enterprise-level Ones
- Understand the Theory behind Vue.js and use it in Real Projects
- Leverage Vue.js in both Multi- and Single-Page-Applications (MPAs and SPAs)
The Ultimate Vue JS 2 Developers Course (3,882 students enrolled)By Anthony Gore
- Understand all Vue concepts from beginner to advanced
- Build three real world applications using Vue.js utilising every Vue feature
- Use the Vuex statement management library
- Write basic Vue with ES5 and also modern Vue with ES6
- Setup VueJS environment with development tools including Webpack
- Create a universal application with server-side rendering
- Use popular plugins from the Vue ecosystem like vue-router and vue-resource
- Cutting-edge features like Single File Components, Render functions and Server-Side Rendering
Vue JS 2.0 - Mastering Web Apps (52,495 students enrolled)By David Katz
- Build entire Vue JS, VueRouter, and Vuex applications from scratch.
- Develop apps that deal with APIs and web requests.
- Create web apps with a full authentication service, and real-time database.
Learn by Doing: Vue JS 2.0 the Right Way (1,437 students enrolled)By Dejan Stošić
- Build your own VueJS application of any size
- Plan and structure your project
- Write maintainable code
- Use smart development tools like vue-cli